Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #11
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
Well, I nursed dd and tried to put her to bed. She wasn't having it and I had a bible study to get to to so I left.

I figure- she's been fed and I wouldn't be feeding her even if I was there so he will have to just work it out.

Advertisement

__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 14,262
My Mood:
Re: Dh using nursing as an excuse

I feel your pain/ frustration... mine does too....
__________________
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks Bing it, fronto unlockscreen , Perk, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
Tris's Avatar
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,535
My Mood:
Re: Dh using nursing as an excuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Well, I nursed dd and tried to put her to bed. She wasn't having it and I had a bible study to get to to so I left.

I figure- she's been fed and I wouldn't be feeding her even if I was there so he will have to just work it out.
Honestly that's the best way sometimes. They figure it out We did as mothers, right?
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
Computermama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 13,800
My Mood:
Re: Dh using nursing as an excuse

Yeeah, I'm getting that. With DD1, it's not that we popped a bottle in her mouth every time she cried, but I think DH felt that he was more equipped to deal with her crying. He was also home a lot more when she was itty bitty, so he developed a rapport with her a little quicker. He worked a LOT when DD2 was tiny and wasn't off until she was a much older baby, so she was unaccustomed to being soothed by him, and she's breastfed, so DH has a tendancy to just look to give her to me when she's upset. And because he doesn't do much to attempt to soothe her, she DOES look to me soothe her, sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama
Yeeah, I'm getting that. With DD1, it's not that we popped a bottle in her mouth every time she cried, but I think DH felt that he was more equipped to deal with her crying. He was also home a lot more when she was itty bitty, so he developed a rapport with her a little quicker. He worked a LOT when DD2 was tiny and wasn't off until she was a much older baby, so she was unaccustomed to being soothed by him, and she's breastfed, so DH has a tendancy to just look to give her to me when she's upset. And because he doesn't do much to attempt to soothe her, she DOES look to me soothe her, sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.
Yes, it's sort of a vicious cycle.
__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #16
qsefthuko's Avatar
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,730
Re: Dh using nursing as an excuse

My husband does the same but I think I enable that type of behaviour. Whenever any of our babies cried I always just nursed them. Because of this I think my husband just automatically assumes nothing else will do the job.
__________________
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #17
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
My husband does the same but I think I enable that type of behaviour. Whenever any of our babies cried I always just nursed them. Because of this I think my husband just automatically assumes nothing else will do the job.
That I could understand....but I don't do that. Often times I will take her, we will go into another room and sit down with some books or I will grab a a handful of the boys' Legos and that's enough to calm her. That is something he is capable of.
__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #18
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,873
My Mood:
Re: Dh using nursing as an excuse

Dh calls that the first rule of babies When in doubt give baby a nursie. It took until our 4th baby for him to feel really confident in his parenting. Now he will wrestle the baby from my arms.
__________________
Just in case.
MDever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
mozartswannabe's Avatar
mozartswannabe
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Posts: 123
Re: Dh using nursing as an excuse

Arrgh! I have the same problem. Dh hates giving a bottle if I pump and I hate it too bc then I have to wash all the parts. Dh doesn't hand off and say "here's he's hungry" it's "he wants you" yet I still have to put effort into calming DS. I've been a SAHM for 4 months now and I can't wait ntil DH gets a reality check when I go back to work soon! I feel like it's awful that I feel that way, but DH hasn't been very fair to me.
mozartswannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #20
OrlaithsMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 50
Re: Dh using nursing as an excuse

I know what you mean. My DH gets frustrated that our son cries when he holds him but calms for me immediately. Our DD did the same thing. She grew out of it as she got older and they have a great relationship now. Hang in there!
OrlaithsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.