Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 27th - Feb 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
AFM: Late start day again I'm getting spoiled by not having to rush in the mornings, but its nice as I am subbing today for my boss and don't usually work 3 days in a row(rough, I know ). My friend offered me 4 tickets for a hockey game tomorrow night, DH has really wanted to go to one but the tickets are so pricey we haven't. So we're trying to find another couple who can go with us.
I got 2 wraps that I ordered in the mail. One is a grey boba and the other is a cream moby that I'm thinking of dyeing light purple. I like the idea of having a girlie one. I tried practicing putting them on but I need to remember to put it on pretty tight. DH thinks it's funny that I practice.
Can you dye a Moby? I would think it has too much polyester to hold a decent color other pastels... and it always fades so fast when I dye a synthetic fabric... I have a cream one too!

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #32
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
You might want more just for your own ease, too. If money is a concern I think you will be covered with what you have (at least I would be). I mean, most babies grow out of the newborn size so quickly that I'd invest more in easy one size or small/med diaps. Thats the thing, though, with cloth diapers... everyone has their own opinion about the way to go. For me, I sold off all my nb prefolds and are entirely using fitteds.
I have a mostly O/S stuff (MEOS and various pockets) for after the newbie stage. I know from pictures peopel post OS don't generally fit great until they're a little bigger. But as I rolled this around in my head it occured to me it's the insert that really creats the bulk... do you think the O/S pockets might work for a newbie if i used a NB prefold as the insert?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #33
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

ugh - sorry for crappy dr's that don't communicate - no fun!

as for the diapering, I really didn't have that many people helping me diaper. Or any, really. but, I did buy aplix pocket diapers for the church nursery so they wouldn't complain about the cloth. I did not want to give anyone any ammunition to be against cloth.

This will be my first time doing prefolds on a newborn (or any baby, I always use pockets or basic inserts and covers with DD), but I think if you use snappies, it shouldn't be that hard? People might be intimidated by pins though.

but.. I did build most of my nb stash with pockets for easy-ness. So, if you have the funds and can find a way to get them quickly, I'd definitely pick up a few. but you might find you'll be doing most of the diapers anyways. People tend to hand the baby to mom when the baby needs a change. Sometimes with the comments of 'I already raised my babies' or something. My FIL always said he wanted to change one of DD's diapers, but when it came down to it, he never volunteered to do it.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #34
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
I have a mostly O/S stuff (MEOS and various pockets) for after the newbie stage. I know from pictures peopel post OS don't generally fit great until they're a little bigger. But as I rolled this around in my head it occured to me it's the insert that really creats the bulk... do you think the O/S pockets might work for a newbie if i used a NB prefold as the insert?
I think it's the size of the legholes that makes the difference, but you can certainly try it out and compare.

FWIW, my child fit into OS diapers by 6 weeks, no problem. Of course, she's a giant child (not a giant newborn, though).

definitely have a better chance of it working if you have velcro.

I think OS rumparooz would fit a newbie.. but for the price, you could buy 5 alvas............
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #35
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Can you dye a Moby? I would think it has too much polyester to hold a decent color other pastels... and it always fades so fast when I dye a synthetic fabric... I have a cream one too!
Well I was thinking a light purple but I thought they were 100% cotton? Thats what it says online? So that should hold dye just fine.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #36
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post

Well I was thinking a light purple but I thought they were 100% cotton? Thats what it says online? So that should hold dye just fine.
Oh is it? Based on it's stretchiness I assumed it had synthetics in it. I just looked at mine and you're right, it's cotton. Now I want to dye mine too!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #37
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hmmmmm. Ive read, but no advice on dipes, dying or providers

This guy moves sooo much and i feel hom alllll over. Its.cool, but uncomfortable too. Things may be on the upswing with dh. I am prayerful amd i know that helps.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #38
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post

This guy moves sooo much and i feel hom alllll over. Its.cool, but uncomfortable too. Things may be on the upswing with dh. I am prayerful amd i know that helps.
yay
sending prayers your way
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #39
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by dagmomma; 01-31-2013 at 10:10 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #40
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Oh is it? Based on it's stretchiness I assumed it had synthetics in it. I just looked at mine and you're right, it's cotton. Now I want to dye mine too!!
I think I'm going to add a woven panel to the middle of mine too, once I dye it, it'll be my girlie one My sister has one like that from etsy and it makes it super easy to find the middle and ofcourse it's extra cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post

Thats great! Sending prayers that things keep improving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I have a dilema. Well sort of.

MIL has a twin sister and she likes to buy big things for each baby when they are born. She did not get anything for DD bc well they were in the middle of caring for there parents (one lived in NY and one lived in CA) SO then there parents passed away. But The twin just bought a toddler bed for DD1 from Pottery Barn and a mattress (which will be the babies mattress) and blankets. MIL also said that she bought the baby a Bassinet.

Here is the prolem. MIL tends to lie about things. She is very generous with buying things and that is how she shows her love. But you can never believe anything she says. So, I can see on the PB registry what was purchased but there was nothing on the BRU saying the bassinet was purchased. I feel bad asking bc I feel like the bed is more then enough and I do not want to ask MIL about it bc she will turn it into a huge deal to her sister.

I do not talk to the Aunt much bc she is extremely busy with work and going back and forth to TX and VA for her job.

I am thinking about asking SIL about it bc she tends to get to the bottom of things. See I need a bassinet and I would just go buy one but I do not want 2.
Hm I guess if you could wait it out a bit I would, do you live close enough to BRU that it's something you could buy the last couple weeks? Or maybe buy it, but keep it in the box so you can return it?

AFM: Nothing exciting, we have tickets to an NHL game tonight and we asked SIL and BIL if they want to come, we don't see them that often so it should be fun! Piddle Poddles had a co-op on the Squirmie Worm and I went a little crazy, but the prices were great and I really just got clothes, lap t's, footies, and gowns I can't wait to get them!