Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
LoveUsAll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Silly Question

Are fitted diapers supposed to get wet all the up where the snaps are and around the babies waist?

Advertisement

Jessica- Homebirthing, BWing, Non-Vaxing, Homecooking, Baby loving mama to one DD (9-1-2012) and one more on the way 10/14 and kind of like a stepmama to C(15), H(10), L(9). Happily unmarried to my Renaissance man
LoveUsAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Silly Question

They can if they are really wet, the fabric wicks, it kind of pulls it in every direction.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They can if they are left on for too long or lack absorbency. I would use that brand coverless when you can immediately notice when it first starts to get damp & change it faster. If this is just happening overnight or during a long nap then I wouldn't consider it the proper diaper to wear during those times.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
wifey09
Registered Users
seller

They can even if baby isn't really really wet. Like pp said fabric wicks and if baby was on tummy, etc even a little can wick in weird directions. And it happens if baby is really wet.
wifey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
LoveUsAll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I change her very often. She might be a heavy wetter. So is there something I can do about wicking? I am talking about kissaluv's cotton/fleece that I bought FSOT. I feel bad for my DD and feel like she is really dirty from all the urine.
Jessica- Homebirthing, BWing, Non-Vaxing, Homecooking, Baby loving mama to one DD (9-1-2012) and one more on the way 10/14 and kind of like a stepmama to C(15), H(10), L(9). Happily unmarried to my Renaissance man
Old 02-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
wifey09
Registered Users
seller

You might strip just in case. The only time the WHOLE fitted is wet for me is when she goes 12 hours in it (nighttime with 2 inserts) but I put stay dry liners inside to keep moisture off her skin. She just learned to crawl and sometimes has weird places wet in the fitted I just make sure to change her often. I also use flats and covers during naps and away from home.
wifey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think there is much you can do about wicking, it is usually just the nature of the material. That particular diaper just may not have enough absorbency on its own for her. Do you think she might need a doubler?
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
LoveUsAll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is what I was going to try next. Thank you for the advice! I just wasn't sure if it was normal.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

that's pretty normal
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
LoveUsAll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey09 View Post
You might strip just in case. The only time the WHOLE fitted is wet for me is when she goes 12 hours in it (nighttime with 2 inserts) but I put stay dry liners inside to keep moisture off her skin. She just learned to crawl and sometimes has weird places wet in the fitted I just make sure to change her often. I also use flats and covers during naps and away from home.
Is your lo a heavy wetter? What flats do you use out of curiosity?