Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #21
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn
Thank for all your opnions. I still have no clue but my dh really wants a homebirth. Give you an idea we are twenty minutes from the hospital. So that is a downfall, but the midwife I have found has thirty years of care for home births.
Hospital downfalls are doctors never make it to my births so nurses tend to deliever me anyways. No bathtubs to labor in only showers. You have to share a recovery room.

My labors are very fast and I normal for from 5 cm to 10 cm in a half an hour and longest pushing was with dd and it was five miuntes.

But truthfully I like the attention after the birth at the hospital from the nurses. Being able to truely lay there in bed and recover. I am scared after the baby is here at home I will be back in action sooner than I would like to be. Does that make sense.
I just wanted to say that you need to do what YOU are most comfortable with. With all due respect, this isn't your DH's choice as he won't be giving birth. If you would feel better having a couple days in the hospital, you should do that! Just choose whatever you feel best about. Also, you don't need to decide today...you have a little time :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #22
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hospital or Home Birth????

My first 3 were all hospital births and each and every time I wished I could have had a home birth. This time we can and are planning a home birth. The hospital is 20 min away.

If your other births have been uncomplicated and fast, I say there is no reason to choose a hospital birth again. What you should do is have a good friend or family member set to come stay with you for 2-3 days to play "nurse" at home. That way you can still have someone taking care of you, but can also be in the comforts of your home.

But do what you feel is what you want. Your husband is not the one having the baby.