Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
alyssamama22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Feeding 11 mon old baby . help please

Hi , my daughter is giving me a hard time all of a sudden. She won't eat her baby food, she turns her head like tuck get away. So I have been giving her table food for 3 days and trying to sneak in her vegtables. What can I make to give her so that she eats her veggies. She's my first so its all new to me, I need your tips and suggestions. Thank u ladies!

Advertisement

alyssamama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #2
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssamama22
Hi , my daughter is giving me a hard time all of a sudden. She won't eat her baby food, she turns her head like tuck get away. So I have been giving her table food for 3 days and trying to sneak in her vegtables. What can I make to give her so that she eats her veggies. She's my first so its all new to me, I need your tips and suggestions. Thank u ladies!
What do you mean- she's not eating her purees but now eating what you eat? She's probably over baby food! Just give her small finger foods. Cut up what you are eating into tiny bites for her. You can steam/bake veggies until they are soft enough for her to gum/chew.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yeah. That's about the age my son was over purées. I had a hard time getting him to eat for a little while, but you can try anything soft- steamed carrots, sweet potato, squash etc.

My ds also liked food with a crunchy/ breaded texture. I would take pieces of sweet potato & roll them in bread crumbs before baking them. He loved it.

Just try different foods & soon she will be eating whatever you eat!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #4
alyssamama22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm doing that but how do I know she's full. Yes its her regular baby food she doesn't like anymore. What is a good meal to give her for lunch for example. If I make her a meatballs smushed up is that enough
alyssamama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Remember, before one just for fun, so solids arent meant to be a main source of nutrition yet. She should still be getting formula or bm to compose majority of her nutritional intake. I agree with pp, just offer what you are eating. If baby doesn't eat it, no big deal just offer solids again at next meak
Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeding 11 mon old baby . help please

Meat ball, drier and veggie and bread.depends on how much she eats though too. Like in the morning if you make egg, yogurt milk and our juice and toast.......I have north to 5 years book that gives good ideas for meals and portions
Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Feeding 11 mon old baby . help please

Are these homemade purees? Just don't puree it then and put cooked veggies on her tray. Nurse before lunch, then give something like soft carrots and apples with the meatball and offer water. Basically I always do whatever we eat. So breakfast may be scrambled egg, soft fruit like banana or avocado, maybe regular oatmeal etc. But breastmilk or formula should be most of their diet still. If she's still hungry she will eat, if not she will stop. If she just doesn't want more solids and nurses more in the afternoon then that's fine too.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote