Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Dahlia64
Banned

How much and what to pack for a 5 day road trip?

So..I have a big family. I have 3 toddlers, a 9 yr old and a 3 month old. This summer we will be going on a few road trips. I need help meal planning while on the road. What to take, how to take it. How much to take. How to pack it? What about baby bottles? He drinks the concentrated formula...Any tips or ideas out there would be wonderful!

Advertisement

Last edited by Dahlia64; 03-17-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Dahlia64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Will you have access to laundry? Running water?
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Few outfits a day. for food my family used chest thing cooler that's it! -so i'm not losing my minds yet....with ice in camper that popped up. Few esentials....catchup, mustard few luchmeats, milk, cheese, bread. Bought few things on road to replenish cooler.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How much and what to pack for a 5 day road trip?

our road trip standbys are always sandwich fixings, drinks, veggie sticks and fruit (applesauce, mandarin oranges, and pineapple are faves here) in the cooler, bread, chips, and other snack stuff stored somewhere else in the car, along with more drinks to refill the cooler. as far as the formula, I'd probably keep an opened bottle of concentrate in the cooler, with unopened ones somewhere else, and just make as needed.

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much and what to pack for a 5 day road trip?

Depends what you like/want to eat. I used to make granola or granola bars for road trips. Trail mix, or nuts/seeds and/or dried fruit and other fruit that can last in the car (apples, oranges, bananas...) and hard-boiled eggs. We also used a cooler for some things, particularly for our way out, to keep things like yogurt and fruit or carrot sticks that needed to be kept cold. For the way back, we'd just stop at a grocery store for things like yogurt and last time I got some fresh cauliflower and my husband got a salad thing (this worked out pretty well for skipping fast food, at least for LO's and I.) I would bring canned sardines sometimes too. Also, keeping a huge bottle of water was helpful (or just a bunch of water bottles would be good too.)

Last edited by mel j; 03-18-2013 at 11:08 AM.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote