Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #31
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: What happened to my kid? Vent

I charge my kids a toy for every time they get up after 8:00pm (besides nightmares and pottying). They must stay in their rooms until their clock radios come on at 7:00am, otherwise I charge them for it.

Advertisement

Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #32
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Carrie, I have to laugh just a little here because in another thread I was saying that you are the go to person for psych stuff/kid behavior stuff, etc and then I find you pulling your hair out! LOL Also kind of funny, my dd is 3, 39" and 36 lbs also and also is having major potty issues. She just keeps peeing everywhere like a little puppydog! I finally got worried enough to check her blood sugar (I have to check mine anyways)! It's totally within normal limits. Best I can think of is that she is stressed out (my dd). She had a pageant last weekend, she goes to preschool, we've had a lot of tension with my middle dd, etc. And now the poor thing is worried about me getting mad at her for accidents. Yesterday morning I went to get her dressed and she said to me, "you're not mad that I peepeed are you?" I felt awful. So now I am backing off and trying to destress her a bit. In the meantime I am taking her in to see if she has a UTI. As far as food goes, my dd is the same way lately. All that kid does is eat eat eat! And it's a mixture of food. Today she ate a bowl of cereal, carrots and ranch, a rice krispie treat, a gogurt, a piece of pizza, an apple with peanut butter, more cereal, two tacos, and some rice. That's more than I eat in two days! LOL I just try to give her healthy options and let her eat if she's hungry. But I try to get her distracted with something else to see if she's just bored first. But I am at home with her most days. Is your dd not eating well at daycare? Is something stressing her out? Was she just transitioned into the room? I am willing to bet all of this is stress related. Just my best guess.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #33
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Oh, I forgot...I actually totally lost my temper for about 30 seconds yesterday...when DD bumped my end able & sloshed coffee onto the table, the couch, the floor, some papers, and some knitting. There was a lot of general yelling & one or two, "Are you kidding me?!?" directed at DD. I felt bad b/c DD cried & ran to DP...but I almost never yell like that (I'm loud in general, but I don't angry-yell much & especially not at DD). Apparently DD thinks I mean business when I do...
Aw, sounds like you both need a breather. Can you get some "give me some space" time? Go get a cup of coffee by yourself, leave DD with DP for a bit? I know when I'm stressed I pass it on to all of my kiddos. Having a three year old is super tough, but add in a 9 year old with SPD/ADHD and an 11 year old preteen who is totally hormonal and it's a recipe for disaster!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #34
Angel89411
Banned

Terrible 2s my rear. 3 is WAAAAAY worse. Been there.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #35
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

She went into the new DC, this current classroom at the beginning of December. It was a good change overall; her last sitter was a nightmare, but this classroom is more stimulating w/ less 1:1 attention & to some extent less structure than she's had in the past. The only real change, & I say this w/ reservation, is that DP's internship is done, so DD actually gets more time and attention with her (& not really any less than she's had with me).

I am worried about blood sugar...we have times that are irrational and inconsolable & I suspect she gets a little low, as the problem is solved once I get some food into her, which can be a struggle. We had that tonight; it was a battle, but once she had a little water & a few bites of PB&J, she was a million times better. I don't have a real reason to go to the pedi, though, other than wanting to rule out IDDM1, so I don't know if they'd indulge me or not

Aaannnnddd it gets better. DP had to go through a disciplinary report for DD today for biting two of the girls in her class When we talked to DD when I got home, it appears one of the boys bit her (she has a nasty bruise from it) & she bit the girls. Who knows why, but I'm so disappointed and frustrated about it!
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #36
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I also was thinking maybe she had a bladder infection when you were talking about her peeing little bits all day long.

The rest sounds normal (and horrible). Hope you can hang in there!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #37
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, just trying to be helpful. It is hard to know what to offer not knowing, but thought I would try to throw a few things out there.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #38
mrsrozberry
Registered Users

The eating thing describes my 3.5 yr. old but thankfully he's not really defiant. But even age 2 wasn't that bad with him. Only time he can be really difficult is after he's spent time with my mom (nana) and she gives him whatever he wants and really bad junk food.
mrsrozberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #39
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Sorry, just trying to be helpful. It is hard to know what to offer not knowing, but thought I would try to throw a few things out there.
I really do appreciate it . Her response to "El, we gotta talk about the biting...what happened that you had such a hard day at school?" was "I'm NOT talking about biting! I don't LIKE you! I'm going to my room!"

And I thought that was a good idea...

Poor thing got up this morning & said, "I had a good night & stayed in my bed, do I get to eat junk today?" The kid kills me! B/c as frustrated as I get, she's hilarious
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #40
anrmom21
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post

The kid kills me! B/c as frustrated as I get, she's hilarious
This is our problem too. Its so hard to get on to them and stay mad at them when they are so funny.
anrmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote