Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cj's actually gave my dd a horrible rash i tried the yeast formula when she had a yeast rash and the blueberry crumble on a little redness and both times cj's made for an angry rash... I know most mommas love it

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you use any cream/paste on bottom?

*Constant* rashes or needing cream are not normal, and *occasional* rashes or needing cream are not abnormal.

Many babies who get rashy in disposables will clear up with cloth, but most babies will get a rash once in a while even with cloth. I use cream maybe once every 3-4 months. I am on my fourth cloth-diapered baby. The second one had Magic Stick every night before bed because she was just a bit sensitive to wetness. Every baby is different.

Yes, while your baby has a rash you will probably want to use some cream on it, but once it is gone, you don't need anything at all. What does the rash look like? Is it all over her diaper area, just in the folds, etc? If it is everywhere her diaper touches (like even her hips), then it is probably an allergy to disposable diapers. Is it red, raised, bumpy, patchy? If it is only where her poop has touched, it is likely from something she ate (sensitivity or allergy).

The creams you listed are all safe for cloth diapers.

Yeast rashes look especially "nasty", and cloth diapers will NOT help yeast rashes (medicated cream is necessary for yeast).

Last edited by Melinda29; 01-28-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
aimeeturd
Registered Users

My Mood:
I use yum bum butter at every diaper change and my DS has never had a rash.
aimeeturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srw.mutter View Post
We just use a fleece liner to protect the diaper
We can't use fleece liners, so we use suedecloth liners instead. The fleece adds to much heat under the PUL and causes rashes no matter what barrier cream we put on. Just be aware that you may have to find the specific combination that works for your baby.
Annedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
Baby2pls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Grandma El's from amazon - I only use it at night when she's in her diaper for a longer stretch of time. She doesn't really rash - it's just a preventative...
Baby2pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #16
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

A&d ointment is all I've found that works for us but I generally put in one of those thin liners oh crud I forgot what their called but supposedly safe for creams but even before I discovered these I never had issues with the cream on cloth but when I read it wasn't supposed to be used with cloth I got some of the liners they are thin & soft so doesn't add any bulk really.
lilannies mama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use lanolin if there's a diarrhea-related rash or general dryness, and coconut oil for yeast rash or surface irritation. Lanolin will make yeast worse (thrush, too!).

Both are CD-safe and natural.

ETA: Don't use Desitin! It makes your diapers smell like dead fish. I bought some used that had this problem and it took AGES to get the stink out.

Last edited by Leiiki; 01-28-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Leiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

For a rash from being in a poo too long I would use coconut oil. The only time we have had to bring out the big guns and use zinc was for a yeast rash (the Dr. had us layer on 2 medicated creams and top with zinc). It was nasty and left open sores on her poor bottom.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Definitely try coconut oil, I put it on all the time. It helped clear up what I think was a yeast rash. Pinstripes and Polka Dots has a good reference for CD friendly creams.

I love the smell of Angel Baby bottom but its pricey- lucky a little goes a long way.
TobinsTreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
desibob
Registered Users
seller

Coconut oil and CJ's BUTTer both gave my ds a redder butt. We now use LuSa Organics Booty Balm when he has a hint of red on his tushy, and by the end of the day it's gone. Babies seem to be very different and sensitive to certain things.

Mommy to one adorable ds (10/12) and wife to wonderful husband (3 years and counting)!
desibob is offline   Reply With Quote