Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 1/28-2/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeymamaof2 View Post
I will be 13wks tomorrow and I just had a very embarrassing thing happen to me. A little background before I start -I started feeling little flutters in my pelvic around 9wks and I could only notice in the evenings while laying down. I have also been battling IBS for the past few months (I haven't had an episode in 2 mos) About an hour ago the freakiest thing happened to me, I was sitting on all fours watching my computer and then all of a sudden something started turning inside of me in my lower left abdomen. My first thought was "Omg I'm about to have an episode" so I held my belly and ran to my Bf. I was freaking out and then it stopped after about 2 minutes. I was so confused but then my boyfriend asked me "Does it hurt?" And I told him "no it just feels like something is turning several times" And he asks "well is it the baby?" I was dumbfounded because I completely forgot I was pregnant (So keep in mind my last pregnancy was almost 5yrs ago so I don't remember any of the early stuff plus I was 20lbs heavier than what I am now.) I called my sister (she has a 1yr old) to tell her and she started lol telling me to relax and to remember I have a baby inside of me.
The sad part is I feel guilty for forgetting about he/she and just grabbing my belly to try to stop it as it was flipping. I couldn't have harmed anything, right? Why must I be so damn dingy
No, I don't think grabbing your belly would hurt the baby at all.

My 2yo son and I both have a stomach bug. Fortunately it's not severe, and hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow when DH goes back to work. Luckily for me his weekends are Sunday and Monday, so I got to relax and have my "man cold." The house is a mess but he did help some.

As for the QOTW--I guess I don't really have a favorite summer activity. I like the idea of going to the beach, but when I do go I'm ready to leave after an hour. My MIL is renting a cabin on the coast for the week of July 4th that's big enough to fit us all, so we're hoping DH can get enough time off work so we can make it for a few days. I'm thinking of going anyway, but IDK if I'll be feeling up to going without DH, being 35ish weeks pregnant at the time.

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Baby is fine
And I have something like IBS, or basically I can't eat much of anything without it running out of me with the fire of 10000 suns, but when I'm pregnant I don't have it "happy dance". I usually run to the bathroom though and not the H when I'm um... About to have an episode
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
Monkeymamaof2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay that makes me feel better lol I have never freaked out like that. But everything seems good now (so embarrassed) I ate an sandwich a little while ago and sure enough I'm feeling movements again. It's like he/she just decided to wake up today and it really caught me off guard. I can't wait to here everyone's stories of them feeling the actual movements. And I forgot to mention I have been Zofran free since the evening of my last appt(last week) my pump quit working because the medicine dripped into it. It turned out the syringe was cracked under the label and I had no idea. So this is a first for me "Yayy no HG" I haven't been nauseous or dry heaved. I hope you ladies who are dealing with M/S or HG are close to being over it

AOTW- the only thing I will miss is Kabrewing but I will still be able to float done the Mohican river. We normally do a lot of cookouts and walk in the evenings but I may not want to be bothered with people this year. So we may do 4th of July and that's it.
I am a WOHM to JJ 10/3/06 and Jio 7/18/08 and a loving GF to Adam and #3 due in August
Monkeymamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also have IBS like symptoms when not pregnant...have "short term rental agreements" with my food all the time.

THANK GOODNESS...being pregnant helps calm that down and I have much less episodes.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #15
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Soo- today mil was over at the house and we were talking about labor etc. I said that I wanted to labor at home and head to the hosp when I was close. We were talking about what to do with the lo's and she said my niece could watch them in the lobby while she was in the room with us.... uh. no. you've been there for all three, I'm not letting anyone but dh in the room or someone with some medical training. Sorry. She didn't really say anything, but I could tell she was not happy with me. It's NOT your right as a gma to be there during delivery! lol I want my last birth to be intimate. I've had very public births with all three kids. No one believes we can hold out either about not finding out the sex. WTF ever. seriously. I haven't told my mom yet, about not being there, but she's 3 hrs away so probably won't be a big deal since I won't be calling anyone when labor starts. Sorry vent over.

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 01-28-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

we never had anyone in the birthing room during delivery except me, dh, and the nurses, and ob. My parents were perfectly fine with that...and so was dh's.

With ds, we did have them come and visit during the early parts of labor in the hospital...but once I hit transition they had to leave.

With dd, we went in at night for my induction and didn't call them until after dd was born.

With this one, we will probably let them visit (if it's during the day) but out during delivery.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I didn't mind having a few folks in the room, except my 1st hb. I had to kick mil out b/c she was a nervous wreck. It was messing with my laboring with her wringing her hands and pacing. My bff, dh, mom and m/w were in the room. I want to know what my baby is before anyone else. I may not let anyone come visit until we are home either. We'll see.

Oh and I've got a sicky at home right now. sigh. my ODD had diarrhea this evening and after we put her to bed, she puked in her sleep, then walked to the bathroom to poop. She didn't even know she barfed. dh had to clean most of it up. I couldn't do it. I went in and used some clorox wipes to go back over the carpet, then sprinkled some baking soda on it. Hoping it will kill the smell. IDK how to clean carpet with barf. Any suggestions? I just hope no one else gets it. I can't handle barfing kids right now. ugh.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #18
buttonnose
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi! I joined the forum yearsssss ago when pregnant with my 1st and suddenly this morning remembered I am a member so thought I'd pop back since I am now pregnant with my 3rd. Hope it is ok to join you ladies

I currently have 2 in cloth but hoping my toddler is potty training before number 3 comes along I am also from the UK, don't know if there are many other UK members?

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all x

4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36*** 40
buttonnose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #19
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Welcome =)

I can't believe we are almost 14 weeks. This is going by faster than I though it would.

I am so curious to find out whether we are having a boy or a girl. My next appointment isn't until 17 or 18 wks, but I don't have an ultrasound scheduled-- so I have no idea when that is going to happen. I have myself convinced that it is a boy.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #20
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Welcome! I'm not sure if we have any UK mama's. Luckily with our age gaps my girls were completely pt'd before my 3rd came along. So I will have 2 in diapers again when this baby comes along.

My dd seems to be fine this morning, but obviously she's home from school today. It's a yucky rainy day here, with a tornado warning. yeah fun stuff. lol Pretty sure I'm going to need a nap later. oy. Guess today it laundry day and whatever else I can muster enough energy for.