Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #41
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 1/28-2/3

ya seriously i have been so out of breath this pregnancy and the whole heart pounding like it's gonna pound right out of my chest. interesting for sure.

So question of the week.... um we will probably swim swim swim. my kiddos are fish!!! They both love swimming and they both turn into little brown berries they could stay outside and swim all day if I let them.

I will try to do our little garden again. We only do things we eat a lot of like tomatoes and cucs.... and a few other things but last year it was so hot and I was first trimester the whole summer I lost zeal and just let everything go. we shall see for this summer how things turn out.

As far as who will be ther for delivery.... well I have a large family i have 9 sisters... but am only super close with two and they were there for my daughter. Not sure if they will be there or not this time it depends on if they are in town since both are traveling this year. My BFF is taking doula classes for me so she will def be there. Hopefully my mom and I promised my MIL she could be there since she is dying of liver cancer and this is one of her life dreams to see a grandchild be born. She has severe anxiety and gave herself (no joke) a bowel obstruction she was so nervous when I was in labor with my DD so I won't let her in until the last minute. I can't deny her this request.... I will just make sure she takes an extra Xanax before hand.

I am hoping this one will go smoother than my last... I had prelabor for almost a week and my body just had a hard time going into labor on it's own so we did cervadil and that did the trick... so hoping this time things go on their own as hubby will freak if I go to 42 weeks again.

Advertisement

Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #42
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
We went to Westlake Center so I could buy bento boxes at Daiso and then down to the waterfront and the Aquarium. Next time we go, it is going to be an overnight trip. It is too far for one day, IMO... especially while pregnant. I was wiped out and ready for a nap by the time we got there.
I took a nap to and from in the car! It was pouring the entire way home which sucked.

Thinking about going up on the train sometime...ds has never done that. But being that my sister lives on the east side we'd just go up for the day and not stay at her house
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #43
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Liesl (sorry if I messed up spelling your name ) 9 sisters?! Cool! Do you have brothers too?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #44
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

we have a garden every year...and I still work in it big and preggo...but towards the end I'll send dh out to pick the tomatoes for me.
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #45
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How big is everyone's garden? Our's is nearly two acres and we take care of it with just family, which is why DH and my BIL (who are inseperable it seems like....they aren't brothers....just in-laws which is pretty funny) will either have to hire helpers since both me and my older sister are pg again at the same time or they'll just sell everything they grow. Didn't want to make it sound like I was a slacker! We (Me, DH, my sister and her husband) run a small, family farm. We raise sheep (we'll be lambing soon....boy will that be an adventure I'm sure), sell fresh veggies in the summer, cut and sell hay, and put up for our families. If we had something much smaller then I wouldn't even think twice about it, but the last time I tried to pick peas while pg with DD, it ended up looking like a heard of elephants had went down the row! I think I caused more damage to the bushes than I did good in actually picking!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #46
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I love that so many of us have gardens! I'm trying to convince dh to build a hoop house in the yard as well.
Whoa! that is a nice size!! We have 4 raised beds, but will be going to 3. We grow the basics- tomatoes, cuc's, zucchini, carrots, lettuce, and a few other things. Not enough space for corn crop, or pumpkins etc.

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 01-30-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #47
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I try to garden, but wind up killing everything... Our back yard is a mess. and I tend to forget that it exists . The people who lived here before us had dogs that dug things up and then it was bank owned for 4 years before we bought it. This year, I am hoping to have someone come out and clean it up for us in the spring and put in a couple 4x4 beds.

I know that I am going to go blueberry picking at a local farm, but we will see how much I actually pick! I usually pick 15-20lb to put up. This year I will be super pregnant and/or with a newborn. I told DD (7) that she is really going to have to step it up this year LOL
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #48
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love gardening but we haven't had much time to devote to it for the last few years. We grew some tomatoes, peppers, and herbs last year, so at least we got some stuff canned.

My first appointment is tomorrow. I'm so nervous.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #49
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

we don't have a huge backyard. I do have 2 planters that dh built for my tomatoes, zuchini, and peppers. then we pot plant carrots and peas and cucumbers.

Cucumbers are my favorite veggie and I can never get them to grow
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #50
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I kill everything I try to grow. Everything. We just bought a house on an acre of fertile soil ( used to be farmland and my daughter actually just found a random huge turnip the other day, growing hah) and I really want to try to grow some basics, tomatoes and squash.