Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Urgent question - Friend has sick baby, have you ever heard of symptoms like this

I can't think of anything else (other then what has been suggested) hope she can get it figured out soon cuz it sounds scary.

Advertisement

Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users

Re: Urgent question - Friend has sick baby, have you ever heard of symptoms like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
WIth Roseola, the rash usually shows up after the fever ends.

Scarlet fever can have a rash that comes and goes...strep is miserable.

Kawasaki disease usually has the fever/rash that comes and goes, but it also has very chapped lips and goopy eyes too. (I learned about this from a talk show with John Travolta LOL) The child's hands and feet appear swollen and rashy too.
You're right. We dealt with chronic strep for a while (guess I was trying to block out that memory). My ds had scarlet fever a few times with it. Strep IS miserable!

Mom to:
ds14, dd11, ds8, dd7, dd 2, & ds 1 (2nd reversal baby)' expecting #7 April 2014
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt09 View Post
SCARLET FEVER
This. DD1 had it at the same age.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
NevadaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: danandsassy
seller

My Mood:

She is at the ER again with her now, she had a febrile seizure, that's why I didn't hear back from her for a while She stays her temp is still at 105 despite cold showers, tylenol and motrin.....they have her sitting in a refrigerated diaper and are running blood tests now. I feel so worried for her, poor girl
NevadaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

I just remembered I had crazy high temps like that when I was little, ended up in the ER under cold blankets. I had pneumonia.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #16
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kindy DD had a fever that lasted like that for 10 days. If she was running a fever, she was lethargic and not interested in eating, as usual with a fever. I did medicate her fever so I didn't notice it breaking on its own.

I did take her to the doctor and was told there is a virus going around much like the flu (she tested negative for flu) that lasted 1-2 weeks. We just had to wait it out.

The rash is most likely heat rash if it comes and goes with the fever.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
ccserrano
Registered Users
seller

My nephew had those symptoms at 4yo and had lyme. Fever would come and go, rash from fever, lethargic, etc.. just an idea.
ccserrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #18
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaMama View Post
She is at the ER again with her now, she had a febrile seizure, that's why I didn't hear back from her for a while She stays her temp is still at 105 despite cold showers, tylenol and motrin.....they have her sitting in a refrigerated diaper and are running blood tests now. I feel so worried for her, poor girl
Poor girl & worried mama! Hope this means they will get some answers this time.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #19
glupton
Registered Users
seller

Scary! Hope they figure out what it is and get it treated!!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #20
mommyofhjm
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
Have they checked for Kawasaki disease? Very dangerous and needs immediate treatment if she has it.
Very dangerous indeed! We have a case we are dealing with now at work, medical malpractice, we represent the doctor.

Classically, five days of fever plus four of five diagnostic criteria must be met in order to establish the diagnosis. The criteria are: (1) erythema of the lips or oral cavity or cracking of the lips; (2) rash on the trunk; (3) swelling or erythema of the hands or feet; (4) red eyes (conjunctival injection) (5) swollen lymph node in the neck.

Hopefully she finds out whats wrong with her baby!