Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
just starting out

So we started potty training our 2 year old and have put her in just panties except for naptime and bedtime. It has been two days but she wont pee on the potty at all. I have her sit on it about every hour. She has only had 2 "accidents" but she just isnt peeing the rest of the day except night time or at her nap. Could she just be holding it then peeing in her diaper? Should I try getting her to drink more? I feel like she wont ever learn if she isnt actually using the potty.

going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
She's probably holding it in. Increasing fluids would probably just increase accidents if she doesn't want to/doesn't understand to go in the potty. Some kids understand at 2 or earlier while others take a bit longer. (I've had both- a 4and a halfer all the way down to a on again off again 1 yr old).

You can continue and increase fluids keeping potty chair nearby, increase fluids and go naked, or (what I would do cause I don't like too many accidents) put her back in diapers or trainers and encourage her to sit upon awakening and 30 min after drinks.

Good luck! We are starting the journey with my youngest and for us it truly is a journey as I've only had one train "over the weekend" so to speak. All the rest took 6-24 months.
m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote