Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
kirst
Registered Users
seller

How many diapers per day is normal for 9 month old?

I didn't want to hijack the other thread where Sarah B made this reply, but it got me wondering what is up with my son's output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Also yesterday I did buy a package of Huggies for $31.25. It has 180 diapers and that would be enough to diaper my baby full-time for an entire month ( We only use disposables for camping usually) So at $31.25 only $375 a year ad $1.04 Per day so in the long run cloth diapering is probably more expensive for me.
Do people actually go a month on 180 diapers? My son FILLS 9 or 10 diapers a day. I don't change if it's just a teeny tinkle because I use staydry diapers.
There is no way a pack of 180 sposies would last me a month if I were full-time diapering with them. My son poops at least 3 times a day, too...but I have not been concerned because they are ploppable and not like diarrhea (sorry if this is TMI).

As it is now, I use sposies only when he has a rash, or if we are out of the house all day and I'd have to carry a poopy in my bag for 6+ hours....and 1 box has lasted me three months already and still half is left. But DS swamps those .....

How many diapers is normal for 9 months?

Advertisement

kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have the same thing going on with my 1 year old. Normal poops but at least three times a day. I think normal is all relative but we consistently go through 8 diapers a day. That would be 240 a month not including night.

He also eats a ton and drinks a ton..
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How many diapers per day is normal for 9 month old?

I couldn't do it. When we switch to cloth with our first we did a whole spreadsheet to determine what we were currently spending. I don't remember the dollar amounts but at a year old we were going through 7-9 diapers a day plus a special overnight diaper because he was such a heavy wetter. Then of course around 3 packs of wipes. We only used Huggies Supreme and Huggies Overnights as that was what worked best for us. I do remember the case from Costco was around $37.00 and it did not last the whole month. Then of course you have to remember that as the baby gets older there are fewer diapers in each box. So still paying the same amount for less diapers.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
loving my family
Registered Users

For me all of my kids have average at that age between 8 - 12 diapers a day so for splitting it in the middle at 10 a day would be 280 a month.
loving my family is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

I use 8 per day per kid (2 in diapers full time), plus my older DS who wears a cloth pullup every night. So 18 per day at this house. I figured put once that between the cost o diapers and pullups, I would spend just over $4.00/day on disposables, based on a $0.22 diaper and a $0.50 pullup. So it would be nearly $1500 a year, and that isn't even including wipes. cloth is way cheaper for us.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

My 6 month old goes through at least 10 diapers a day. I was talking with a friend about cloth diapers (she uses sposies) and her comment was that her 1 year old only goes through 3-4 diapers a day because 'she doesn't mind being wet'. Personally I couldn't imagine letting my son sit in his wet diaper for so long, sposies or cloth.
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 10 month old goes through at least 8 diapers a day, usually closer to 10.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #8
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 8 month old goes through 8 to 12 diapers a day.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

I've never got away with less than 9 per day with my one year old, and it's usually closer to 12. He is not a heavy wetter and poops once or twice per day, but he gets rashy if not changed frequently, even with a stay dry liner.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #10
ashleyg103
Registered Users

My twins are 7.5months old and go through about 10 each a day including nighttime diaper so 20 diapers total per day and thats 140 per week! ITs crazy so cloth is WAY cheaper for me.
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote