Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have to stop buying diapers.

Anyone with me? Maybe we should form a group! a challenge?

To be fair i've had to re-stash a few times and finally figured out that AIOs/prefolds/flats work best for us. Naps we use fitteds. But its becoming such a habit/hobby for me to buy diapers. We went into it for the money saving. If its to save us money, i cant keep buying! I have some diaper fabric, a cover, and flats on the way. My goal is to not buy anything else till my husband gets paid on the 15th. After that I'll have a strict $40 a month budget.

Anyone else want to join??

Advertisement

kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have to stop buying diapers.

I need to stop too. In fact I have one purchase pending payday tomorrow then I am done. I told my husband I have spent way too much and need to stop so I definitely am done shopping now! I may have to stay off DS for a while just to stop my window shopping habits. Yikes!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear you! I realized my spending needed to end today when I went to look at cottonbabies seconds. BGE is the only diaper that holds my dd during her play therapy session. I started to buy another one. But we already have 2, and she's in class just 2 days a week! Even if i didnt wash everyday like i do, we have enough. And its not like i need to splurge on a new one, i've splurged plenty recently! Gotta stop!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear you! I just bought 15 more fitteds for my two girls I already had 55 so now I am up to 70 fitteds for two in diapers, enough already! Yikes. I feel guilty about all the money I have spent too, I need to be done! I have enough for probably 3 diapered bums here.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
Baby2pls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It really is so addicting, isn't it??!! I definitely overbought...
Baby2pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
I hear you! I just bought 15 more fitteds for my two girls I already had 55 so now I am up to 70 fitteds for two in diapers, enough already! Yikes. I feel guilty about all the money I have spent too, I need to be done! I have enough for probably 3 diapered bums here.
I bought 18 more flats. . . . OYI! Plus another Imagine AIO that i didn't need but just wanted to try because the pad is longer! (i am super excited about the imagine bamboo flats, bamboo flats are my favorite right now) And a $40 diaper cover, plus 2 econobum covers. I dont feel bad about the econobum though they are going into our emergency car kit. Not to mention the diaper fabric i ordered!!! Not good my friend, not good. I told hubs im going on a spending restriction and he's proud of me, guess its official!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

LOL - I finally quit. After however many years and 3 kids, I quit buying. I resolved to only rebuy when something is trashed. A really worthy savings goal changed my outlook on diaper buying. It was a fun hobby for awhile, though.

I am resolved to be stash content for the duration now. There is nothing my stash lacks to get the job done. And done well. My current stash is worth about $375 ($450 with accessories) and it's all I would have ever needed to diaper all my kids. But noooooo, I spent a couple grand trying to figure that out.

Best wishes to anyone trying to quit! It can be done!! And I kid, but $40/month for diapers isn't exactly "quitting." LOL
Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm finally at a point where I'm not buying. I have more than enough for my one in cloth and with the ones I bought during the swaddlebees seconds and the mmb 22k fan sale I'm set.

Of course that will go out the window when #3 comes along
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you all know you can get on the wagon here on DS so that you don't see any of the FSOT areas?

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
vansen19
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH calls me obsessed and i am starting to think he's right our working stash are pf's, flats, covers and meos, and a handful of cheap/ffs print fitteds just to vary things- but i can't pass up good deals or want to try the newest or wildly raved dipe... the "sell before you buy" policy isn't working either i think i need to find a new profitable hobby as a sahm.