Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #11
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth Wipes for the budget?

I use PureBebe Supers Stars by aliANDswan on Etsy. Best solution I've found so far and doesn't cause any sensitivity issues with my kids.

For flannel wipes we have AppleCheeks Bamboo wipes, Thirsties fab wipes, and a bunch of flannel ones I got myself from flannel I bought. I also have some WAHM flannel wipes. I think cutting flannel wipes is a great way to go, especially if you pick up flannel on sale.

Advertisement

Spunkify is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I like just water solution. I make wipes as I need. 24 to 36 wipes depending on how often u wash. Poo I wash off both dipes & wipes before pail. I like old shirts but I think my mom threw mi8ne out...cclean off best. 7 by 7 or 8 by 8 8 in size.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #13
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

We use Spasilk washcloths as well. I used plain water for a while then used water/baby wash for a bit when she started solids. Now I use Crow Mountain Crafts wipe bits because I love the scents we mix in a peri bottle and moisten wipes as needed.
One Acre Wonder Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #14
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow thanks for the great ideas and suggestions everyone! I knew that there was probably a cheaper way than buying what lots of cloth diaper stores carry. I think for now I'm going to try looking for some cheap washcloths next time I'm out and using some of the baby wash solution I already have. In the future when I get some more time it will probably be fun to sew my own flannel wipes.

Sometimes, though, I wish I could take my DD and dip her in her bathtub every time she has one of those really messy diapers!
Namiko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #15
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

We started out making a wipe solution (something we found here or google) but it caused our babies to have a rash. So, we switched to just water. It is soooo much easier and easier on their sensitive skin.

We bought all of our wipes. We bought a local brand, BumGenius and some WAHM ones from here. All are still usable 2.5 years later, but the BumGenius ones are in the worst shape.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i just use plain water and keep 20 or so premoistened and the rest dry and throw them in the diaper pail with diapers and when we are out i have a little wipe size wetbag so they stay wet and ready to go. at home i have a litte spray bottle with a drop of natural baby wash (dr bronners or baby shea moisture) if i feel like i need a little extra clean up. i used cheap baby wash cloths for the first year of cding-thats the cheapest way! they worked great, i did invest in 2ply wahm made ones from etsy that i love but i didnt need them! id say 40 is the minimum amount id be able to get by on washing every or every other day.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
Txladybug
Registered Users

I think GMD two sided wipes are amazing and well worth the price! I just squirt with water from a peri bottle as needed.
Txladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
AylaKay
Registered Users
seller

I use mostly some of the baby washcloths I got at my shower. I use the solid colors for wipes and the ones with prints on them for baths. I have some Thirsties wipes that I really like also and some cloth wipes I got at a baby store but I can't remember the brand. They are white and soft on one side with terrycloth on the other side.
AylaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #19
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just use water and baby wash cloths. I pick them up whenever I see super cheap. I have some fancy cloth wipes but prefer the terry material of wash cloths for their grabbing power.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
dren09
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love using cloth wipes and how easy it makes everything with cloth diapering. No worrying about keeping the wipes separate. We just throw the wipes in the wet bag with the diapers and wash as normal. We don't use any special solution, just water in a squirt bottle. We keep the wipes just folded (who am I kidding, they haven't gotten folded in months. They are just tossed in) a drawer right by the diapers. DD actually likes to play in that drawer and will get all the wipes out, then pretend to clean or look at the patterns on the wipes and if I'm lucky, she'll put some back. I made all my wipes out of flannel (double sided flannel). We have 3-4 dozen but we also use wipes as doublers.
dren09 is offline   Reply With Quote