Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
dklamanchas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What would you do?

I found out I had a missed miscarriage today. My 2nd one in 6 months. We are going to talk in a couple of days about what I want to do. She said she recommends not trying again for 3-6 cycles. I'm kinda wanting to start back trying for the month of April. My husband is leaving in may for Afghanistan and he will be gone for 6 moths. Should I try before he leaves or just wait till he gets back

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so sorry for you mama!
No advice for you, just hugs! I don't know about miscarriage but I guess I would try before DH leaves - could it be bad to try?
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Re: What would you do?

Honestly, unless you're planning to do some work up to try to find out if there's an underlying problem, I'd try right away. I had two miscarriages back to back...one in 8/12 and one in 10/12. I got pregnant the first time I ovulated after the second miscarriage and now I'm 12 weeks with my rainbow. For me, I almost felt like the more times I got pregnant, eventually I'd have a healthy baby. Kwim? I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would try again also too. I had three losses back to back in between my first two children and always started trying again right away.
I don't to try again for a while after this latest one though. Even though I have been told I only have to wait one PP cycle before trying again. But I need more time this time. It's been rough.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
hopetc
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never heard you should wait except for emotional healing....I would go for it!
hopetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetc
I've never heard you should wait except for emotional healing....I would go for it!
Yes this
Hugs mama
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Some have told me to wait 3 cycles, some just until I get at least 1 period and others have said just go for it when emotionally ready. I read that the WHO recommends waiting 3-6 cycles but that there is actually no proof that that is necessary. So I think in the end it is all up to you, whether you feel emotionally and physically ready to start again.

I'm really sorry for your loss!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #8
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Iv also had doctors say they like to see 2-3 normal cycles after MC. But I think it depends on how far along you were when it happened. My first loss I was at 5.5 weeks and my second at 6.5. I had back to back losses in Dec 10 and Feb 11, we waited one regular cycle and then conceived my now 1 yr old in April. I just had my 3rd MC this month at 7.5 weeks and Dr wants 2 normal cycles before TTC again. So the plan for us is to try in April. Same month we conceived my son so I'm hopeful. Hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
Erinne
Registered Users

I had 2 right in a row last fall, and we're taking a break now to try to get my hormones right before we try again. I have low progesterone, which is why I had the miscarriages, and there are supplements and dietary changes that can help so hopefully it won't happen again. If your cycles are shorter, that might be what's going on and maybe you could use progesterone supplements in a future pregnancy.
Obviously, whether the risk of another mc would be worth the possibility of a successful pregnancy is your choice. If it were me, I'd probably keep trying and you can use the time when your dh is gone to have more testing or whatever done if it doesn't work out. Good luck!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

they usually want you to wait a few months to get your cycle back on track for easy dating.

but you do not need to

try again when you are ready...emotionally and physically.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote