Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #1
mamadrea
Registered Users

Worried about pre-postive test things...

Ok, just got back my positive test on the 31st. I'm excited, but am having panic attacks because on the 30th I had a hairdresser put a blonde streak in my hair and then purple over it. It's not a big streak - but it is close to my scalp. I didn't smell any chemicals while I was doing it - it was well ventilated. But of course, here it is, 1:15 in the morning and I'm having panic attacks that I've made a huge mistake. I didn't even know I was pregnant when I did it, so I'm super early on (most likely conceived on the 18th-21st). Reports online vary but most say to wait till the second trimester and now I feel so, so stupid. I am the kind of girl that gives up EVERYTHING that could potentially be dangerous when preg.

Thoughts? Has anyone else done this? I am freaking out

(ETA correct dates)

Advertisement

Last edited by mamadrea; 02-03-2013 at 01:28 AM.
mamadrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 AM   #2
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Worried about pre-postive test things...

One streak in your hair once won't hurt anything... Just don't go doing your whole head every couple weeks.

Whenever I start panicking about something silly like this I remind myself that crack addicts have babies... We do the best we can and you have to let go of the rest!

I had dental x rays right before I found out I was pregnant with YDD. Totally freaked me out but she is totally perfectly normal!

Breathe mama!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
Katie180
Registered Users
seller

Hugs! Please try not to worry! I got preg w/ dd3 on a trip to Mexico and did plenty of drinking and hot tub sitting before I found out. She is perfect. I truly believe that our bodies protect our babies and we absolutely need to do our best to do that as well but when you didn't know you were pregnant you can't worry about the choices you made. IMO the hair streak is no big deal. If the fumes didn't effect you there is no way the fumes effected your little one.
Katie180 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At this point the embryo gets nourished from the yolk sac, so nothing passes through you to baby anyways.
At 8-10 weeks the placenta will start taking over, and at that point stuff will start passing from you through the placenta to baby.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
At this point the embryo gets nourished from the yolk sac, so nothing passes through you to baby anyways.
At 8-10 weeks the placenta will start taking over, and at that point stuff will start passing from you through the placenta to baby.
Was just coming to post this! It's our body's way of protecting the baby until we're aware that it's there!
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
mamadrea
Registered Users

Thanks mamas! This is my third - you'd think by now I'd know that the baby is pretty protected in there. I forgot how nerve-wracking pregnancy can be. Y'all made me feel much, much better!!
mamadrea is offline   Reply With Quote