Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #21
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gender Disappointment

Been there! It's normal. It's not that your disappointed the baby is another girl, but your loosing the dream of the boy that you imagined was there. It's ok.
I wanted #2 to be a boy SOO bad that when the tech said Girl, I got up and walked out. I just KNEW it was a boy. I wanted a boy so bad. My ex now wanted a boy so bad.
It took a few weeks to adjust to having another girl.
Since then I've had one more girl and a boy. It doesn't bother me anymore what gender I have.

Advertisement

trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am opposite of you...3 boys and 1 girl. They thought #4 was a girl first...which is what I thought....then found out it was a boy which made it harder. We are now expecting #5 and are team green so I don't have to deal with all of that this time. We will know for sure when the baby is born.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #23
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just want a healthy baby. Really, really want that. BUT this is my last and I have to say that I think DH will be a little heartbroken if we don't have a boy. This is his last chance for a son! I feel for you (hug). BUT I am sure you will, like you said, not be able to imagine it any other way once baby is here!
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #24
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillymama View Post
Thanks to everyone for sharing your feelings. I'm giving myself license to have these feelings and it helps to have a safe place to share them.
I so understand and I have been there. Give yourself time to feel whatever you need to feel
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #25
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

I fully understand.
We have 3 beautiful girls. I love them, but really dealt with disappointment when #3 was born a girl.
I am pg with #4 and this little one wouldn't let us get a peak at the stuff at our 18 week u/s. I am still holding out hope for a boy but... trying to let myself feel ok with being sad about never having a son if this is a girl.

We know baby is healthy and I am so glad about that, but... I know I will be sad if this is a girl.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #26
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have 1 girl, 3 boys & another surprise on the way but i have a feeling it's a boy. i REALLY want a girl but will be happy with a little boy as well.

i TOTALLY understand how you are feeling
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #27
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This is one of he reasons I didn't want to find out wih this one. I really think its a girl and I would really love another girl, and I feel like I would be less disappointed being handed a baby and told "its a boy" than seeing it on an ultrasound. That being said that was a personal decision for me on how to try and handle it. I think its totally normal, its not that I don't want a boy, or wouldn't be happy with a boy, but I would love for my daughter to have a sister. I've also been trying to imagine a little boy, and try and wrap my head around the possibility of a boy, in hopes of making my brain more open to the possibility.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #28
mollym
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's perfectly normal. I chose to not find out the sex of our baby, just because I wanted to avoid this sort of stress and disappointment. Because despite what I kept telling my family and friends, deep down in my heart, I had a preference. And then we had a big health scare at about 24 weeks and I had a kick-in-the-pants reminder that what I *really* wanted was a healthy baby. Once that scare was over, I found that my anxiety over boy vs. girl was mostly gone... although it did creep back again in the last week or so before I gave birth. This is all to say, you shouldn't feel bad. Most everyone has a preference.
mollym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #29
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have 5 girls. I hoped for girls, never a boy. I know I would've been disappointed at first if I found out boy but then loved the heck out of him. DH would have been thrilled with a boy b/c he hoped for a son but we're both so happy with our girls. And truth is if we did have another by some miracle (DH had vas) I'd seriously hope for another girl!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #30
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

*hugs*

When I found out that DS3 was a boy I cried. I was so upset. I got over it fairly quickly and wouldn't change a thing.

SO.. I totally understand how you feel!!!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote