Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

A worried about money vent

Just got a call that my only full time daycare kid is moving to a daycare facility. They said they've been on the waiting list for 8 months. It's probably better for them, probably closer but I feel like it's my fault because I've had to cancel so many times with concerns with the baby having a cleft palate and now I'm thinking I have gallbladder problems. We can't survive on just my husband's income. We're sinking more and more into debt. We've had to renovate the one bedroom for my daughter because there was no insulation in the walls and there was knob and tube, but at least I was bringing in some money. Now I'll be lucky if I bring in $100 a week and I need at least $300. It's been really hard to find kids, with me being pregnant and all and going to have to take a month off in June. Also I really can't take a baby, it's just too hard with my daughter only 1 and again, being pregnant and going to have a newborn. I don't know what to do. I've been trying to crochet some baby hats but have no luck in selling them. How are we going to get by? I guess I should try again at a coffee shop but the thing is I need to be available to do daycare during the day and so can't be up late at night. I'm tired all the time, sick every evening. Pregnancy just doesn't agree with me. What am I going to do? If you read through this thanks, I guess I'm just writing for me to get it out.

Advertisement

chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
punksalad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just wanted to offer hugs!!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't have much advice because being pregnant doesn't agree with me either. Hope it gets better for you soon. Hugs
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Re: A worried about money vent

Is there any way for your dh to get a second job just until you're able to take on more kids?

I'm sorry things are tough right now, I hope you find a solution quickly.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
hope everything works out
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

There are no easy answers in your situation -- if there were, you would have found them already. Is there anything else you can do that will bring in some money? Is there anywhere else in your budget that you can cut -- even if it takes sacrifice? Can your DH work more hours at his current job or get a 2nd job? If not, then it might be that for the next few months you have to take on a little bit more debt, and then once the baby is born and you get adjusted, then you hit the ground running at killing all your debt -- take on more daycare kids or get an outside job yourself.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Hugs, mama.

I hope something comes through for you soon.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh goodness I'm sorry is there anywhere you can advertise that you haven't? Paper? Church? Park? Doctor office? Get your name out there maybe pass out flyers?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

When I was in your situation, I gave up the daycare and got a part time job. My pregnancy was BRAND NEW at the time, but I had a 1 yr old and I was struggling to get and keep daycare kids. If you just give up on the daycare that frees you up to work the hours you need at a part time job.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #10
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

anyway you guys can get any kind of assistance, like WIC or government, sometimes you need it for awhile to get back on your feet
terrordactyl is offline   Reply With Quote