Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #11
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady
When I was in your situation, I gave up the daycare and got a part time job. My pregnancy was BRAND NEW at the time, but I had a 1 yr old and I was struggling to get and keep daycare kids. If you just give up on the daycare that frees you up to work the hours you need at a part time job.
I agree. This might just be the time to give up on the daycare.

For some reason I think you're in Canada. If so, don't forget that your "baby bonus" will increase with a second child.

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: A worried about money vent

Thanks for the replies. If I were to give up daycare and get a part time job, the cost of childcare would most likely take up half of what I make so I'd be bringing home what I'm making now with just a couple part time kids. Plus I only have 4 more months to go until baby comes. The parents were told by the agency that they have to give 2 weeks notice so now I have a little bit of time to keep looking. I'll be putting flyers up again. My husband would get another job but he's self employed in his own construction business and already works 10 hour days. He pays himself a salary so that's nice. My parents are helping us out a bit which I feel guilty for but we need. I feel bad because I know I spent a lot on the credit card this past year with having our first baby and all the stuff we needed for her and they grow so fast even though I buy clothes on sale and out of season. The family that is leaving did give my agency a glowing review of me saying that they did love sending their daughter her and would recommend me to anyone so that made me feel better. I do really like doing the daycare and it allows me to start working again soon after the baby comes. Thanks for the reminder about the baby bonus. That'll help a bit though we use most of it for insurance and future education, but every little bit helps.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: A worried about money vent

Glad to see you feeling a lot more 'uppish'!