Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

How many Flips?

I just started using Flips with Joey Bunz or WAHM inserts an I am in love!!!! I got them originally because we are about to take a three week trip out of the country. I normally use AIOs at home, but I wanted something less cumbersome to wash and dry. I started using them after they arrived and finally get why so many mamas love them. They are SO trim (even more so than my sized AIOs) and they are so easy to use and wash! So, I decided to start using them as my regular daytime diaper. I will use them during the day with inserts and for naps with prefolds. How many covers do I need? (my DD is 7 months and I wash every other day... But would really like to wash every third day if I could feel confident that I wouldn't get any stink).

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many Flips?

6 maybe.

I have 10 but I will be adding more bc I will have 2 in daipers.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

I personally have way too many flip covers, but I've found that I really only need 6 to go two days without washing. I would get 8 just in case, but 6 would be fine. I have 22 of them, curtesy of all the seconds and holiday sales cotton babies has had on them, so I have one of every color plus a few duplicates of my favorite colors.I use them with padfolded flats,and really enjoy having a simple, easily washed diaper system that I can take anywhere.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

3 per day - 2 to rotate and 1 just in case poo gets on 1 of the covers in rotation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I go through about 12 in 2 days; 4 of those are night covers (I use 2 per night and always toss those). And I toss pooped covers even if it doesn't get on the cover.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

I diapered 2 kids (a 3 month old and a 2 year old) with 6 Flip covers. There was some occasional handwashing in the sink, but for the most part it worked. For 1 kid, 6 should be plenty.

Cottonbabies has free shipping so you can always add a couple more later if you need them.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

6 is bare minimum for me, 8 is better. 10 is plenty and gives you enough to stash one away in the diaper bag, etc. I'm rebuilding a Flips only stash to see my 18mo through until PLing and going with 8 for a 2 day wash cycle. He has yucky poops and goes 2x a day usually, so this is a good number for us. For my now 3yo I could have gotten away with like 4-6 though.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote