Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

Expecting #6

If you have more than 5, how does it work in your family? We are expecting #6 this summer. When the baby is born, my children will be almost 15, 11, 9, 6, and 3. I am not worried, per se, just trying to figure out how my life will work.

Advertisement

dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
princessgirl409
Registered Users
seller

I don't have much advice since we only have five right now, but I wanted to say Congratulations on baby #6!!!!!
We are praying for a 6th!!!
dd 4/09 dd 1/11
dd 12/13 (24 wks) expecting twins 1/15
princessgirl409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats we are expecting #5 here so no advice either
Old 03-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are expecting #8 in October. You just adjust? I know that is not concrete advice. You'll see what needs to change or what job an older kid can do now or what schedule change will work. You'll slowly adjust to your new life.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Expecting #6

all help out with my sil i think. she has 8. i think my 3 are a handful... you gals with more i applaud.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

your kids are almost the exact same age as mine!! I have 5
the biggest issue for us with 6 is fitting them in the van we have. it just wont happen w hubby too. so we would have to split them into 2 vehicles or get a bigger vehicle which I refuse cause I am still paying it off.
the issue with us going to 6 is when the baby is out of our room, where does he or she go? we have enough clothing, space in general, strollers, car seat etc... but bedroom space is maxed already.

i personally think 6 will be easier than 5. right now its uneven and fighting happens cause there is a 3rd wheel. I do just have one at home during the day tho and I LOVE it. the time w just her is lovely. so enjoy that last toddler while you can
Old 03-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
We are expecting #8 in October. You just adjust? I know that is not concrete advice. You'll see what needs to change or what job an older kid can do now or what schedule change will work. You'll slowly adjust to your new life.
Actually, this is sort of what I was thinking, but it seemed a bit... I don't know... trite to say that. I guess the baby will fit in the family. I am sure there will be no shortage of arms to hold him/her. With our last baby, I almost had to stand in line just to change a diaper! And when it was time to feed her, everyone looked at me like I was raining on their parade by taking her away from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
your kids are almost the exact same age as mine!! I have 5
the biggest issue for us with 6 is fitting them in the van we have. it just wont happen w hubby too. so we would have to split them into 2 vehicles or get a bigger vehicle which I refuse cause I am still paying it off.
the issue with us going to 6 is when the baby is out of our room, where does he or she go? we have enough clothing, space in general, strollers, car seat etc... but bedroom space is maxed already.

i personally think 6 will be easier than 5. right now its uneven and fighting happens cause there is a 3rd wheel. I do just have one at home during the day tho and I LOVE it. the time w just her is lovely. so enjoy that last toddler while you can

I don't know how 6 will be, with regard to sibling rivalry. We have it, but not horribly so. WRT to a van, we traded in our odyssey for a 12 passenger extended a couple of years ago, and haven't looked back. We have the same issue with space for baby, except in reverse. Baby will sleep with us initially, and then move into either the boys' room or girls' room. It's the rest of the stuff: swing, bouncer, etc. that take up valuable floor space. I will have to give it serious consideration for what is most important.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote