Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Tell me how you told *less than thrilled* parents

Originally Posted by BESMama View Post

Honestly, I just told her and asked her to keep her comments to herself. I also told her that I seriously contemplated never telling her and seeing at what point she would notice...I think she got the joke and hasn't said a whole lot.

Good luck!
I just saw this post. My mom point blank asked me if I was pregnant again with #2 because I was... 5 months.... and showing. We hadn't told anyone yet because it was an odd situation (trying to decide whether to elope, whether to move, and dealing with sick MIL). But she was hurt that we hadn't told her yet. Even though her response for my first wasn't exactly thrilled. (See above). I just didn't want to go through a judgmental response again.

I think I'm getting off topic though... sorry.

SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by 5lilmonkeys View Post
How we told our family we were expecting #5.
That's the best... Love it.
nana2peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:
Reading all this just makes me so sad!! I tried for many years, first with a sterile x, then with my husband & everyone was over joyed. I would have been crushed to hear people's negativity. It's so hard to not feel the support- I wish you all, all the best with all your babies- no matter how few or many!

~Liz~ Married to my love~ CDing, struggling but dedicated BFing Mama of 2 lovely ladies (8/15/11 & 12/18/12) <3 eBay user feedback: junglebugg225
Junglebugg225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
Registered Users

I am struggling with this question right now, so thank you all for your responses. We have a son who will be me next week and just found out we are expecting number two. My family was mostly supportive with our first. My one grandmother said, "of all the things there are to do in this world, I don't know why folks go and have babies." My dad didn't really say anything, just grunted, but then took it upon himself to make my husband feel like an irresponsible failure because we had just moved, he had just started a new, part time, job, etc. So, now my husband is dreading telling my dad. He just has totally different priorities. He and my mom had built their own house before having kids and we rent. He was 30 when I was born (though my mom was only 23) and we are 24 and 25. But mostly it is the fact that my dad is not a Christian and we are, and we are committed to letting God plan and space our children according to His will. My husbands family will be excited about this baby, but they too have expressed doubts and concerns about our "quiver full" (I really don't like that term) status. However,they are more supportive in general because they were poor when they had their kids, and they have four whereas my parents only had two...anyways. We are very excited, I just want my parents to be excited as well, or at least not be negative. Maybe my dad learned his lesson after I had a hormone induced emotional breakdown at around ten weeks pregnant with my son and yelled and cried like a crazy woman after my brother asked me (completely unprompted and without reason) if I had had a miscarriage.
MrsTWhite is offline   Reply With Quote