Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
ChocoChoco
Registered Users

How many pillows?

I'm curious how many or what kind of pillows you use for sleeping while pregnant. I am 27 weeks now and wholly uncomfortable. I need 4 firm ones in bed to keep me supported all around when I sleep on my side. It does an okay job, but I've been wondering if I should just get a full size pregnancy pillow.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

ChocoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many pillows?

At the end of my son's pregnancy I was sleeping on 2 normal bed pillows and a pillow from our pillow backed sofa. I was basically sleeping sitting up. It is no wonder I nearly threw up during my c-section. This time I am planning on going to our futon that has a setting that isn't laying flat, and not sitting straight up. I will prop me up with pillows and call it good.

Is that what you were wanting to know? Before I got to the point where I had to sit up, I adjusted our sleep number bed to make myself comfortable.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used one giant pregnancy pillow. I forget the brand, but it was $60-ish from amazon and worth every penny. I could roll over without adjusting my whole set up.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
ChocoChoco
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I used one giant pregnancy pillow. I forget the brand, but it was $60-ish from amazon and worth every penny. I could roll over without adjusting my whole set up.
Actually something like that sounds ideal. If I switch sides, then I swap 2 pillows because one is for back support and the other is for hugging/belly cushion. I'll have to take a look at Amazon options....just a big item to purchase to potentially not do the job I want.

I've thought about switching to our couch for support on one side, but it's a little sunken in with age now. Maybe I should just look into recliners!

ChocoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just got 2 long "body pillows" from Target. At $10 a piece, it was way less expensive than a pregnancy pillow and much more flexible. I keep wanting to make some OBV covers for them, but can't seem to find the time.... but even as is, I love them! I put one on either side of me for back/belly support and I can flip to either side in the middle of the night really easily (unless one of the dogs has tried to claim a part of the pillow )
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I'm almost 29 wks and using two normal pillows to sleep on (acid reflux) and I have a long one as a body pillow but it's so squished now that it isn't helping much. I have used it since I was pregnant with DS so it's been snuggled on too much now.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Nijntje
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have one regular pillow and one long "sausage" pregnancy body pillow right now at 25 weeks, but I think I maxed out at around 4 plus the sausage during my last pregnancy. two for back support, two under the head and the body pillow running down the front to support belly and between the knees.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I have been having a terrible time sleeping. I'm maxing out at like 5 hrs of sleep a night. I'm *tired*.

I have one pillow for my head, a body pillow plus an extra one between my legs on TOP of the body pillow.

But I am not sleeping well and am very very very uncomfortable most of the time.

I will probably start sleeping full time on the couch. I tried it a few nights ago, and it was better than the bed, but still not very good sleep. I missed sleeping next to DH.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #9
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use a snoogle. This is my second pregnancy with the snoogle and it was worth its money.

ETA: plus it takes up way less room in the bed than 2 pillows at my back and 2 pillows at my front. and rolling over onto my other side is easy because of the curves on the pillow, I don't have to ever adjust it, well, except to pull it up between my legs where I want it

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 01-31-2013 at 03:52 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #10
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a Preggle and I like it. It is much smaller than the Snoogle but made by the same people.

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote