Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
WVflipflopmama
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm in the same boat this is my 3rd pregnancy and I have a history of depression. I've also been dealing with HG and some other things that make this pregnancy high risk. I think half the battle is realizing that it's more than just hormones, and that you need help. I finally told my DH how I was feeling this week and asked him to help. If I don't start feeling better soon I'll talk to my doctor as well. I really don't want to treat with medication though.

Advertisement

WVflipflopmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #12
Ccubed
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Prenatal depression

I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if anyone is going though this now? My first pregnancy was great, and I'm a hot depressed mess this go around. Any suggestions from people who have gotten through it?

Happy to be here!
Ccubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #13
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccubed
I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if anyone is going though this now? My first pregnancy was great, and I'm a hot depressed mess this go around. Any suggestions from people who have gotten through it?
Me. But I get it every pregnancy. It helps to have a safe place to vent. I love having a therapist for this. I don't get drugs just vent and know it won't come back to bite me later.
Also I hate the sun but my body needs it. If you don't get enough vitamin D it can really affect your mood. I find on the days I'm outside with the kids I'm much happier. The only other suggestion I have is setting aside some me time and getting some excercise regularly. Endorphins are huge in helping my mood.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:03 AM   #14
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

Prenatal depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccubed View Post

I did with my last pregnancy. It was really awful. I was depressed all the time, and it made me terrified for my daughter to be born. I thought all of the stress and anxiety would make it hard to bond. I didn't feel like I bonded with her at all when I was pregnant, then I felt awful about it even more. When she was born, I noticed about three days later that I hadn't felt those overwhelming feelings since her birth. And didn't have PPD, I actually felt like a cloud had lifted. I do have a history of PPD. I was working FT as a doula, lactation counselor and childbirth educator at a birth center, which made t even harder being surrounded by ecstatic women.

I am pregnant again with #5 and haven't felt depressed at all this time despite this baby being a reeeeeaaallllly big surprise. Love and light to you. It's hard, and really hard to find a safe person or place to vent about it. I had one friend that I trusted. My husband would listen but didn't really understand why I wasn't over the moon, especially having a girl after three boys. Shopping for the baby helped, as did sitting in her nursery and meditating. Towards the end of my pregnancy I made myself meditate daily. I also would take baths to try to relax. My daughter was born at nearly 42 weeks. I blame my anxiety and wish I'd gotten professional help. Not necessarily meds, but talked to a counselor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mamashhon; 02-03-2016 at 06:08 AM.
mamashhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #15
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Prenatal depression

I know anxiety and depression go hand in hand. I've become increasingly anxious with this preg. More about my toddler than about the unborn baby. I'm really stressed about who will care for him when birth time comes. I know it's best for me for him not to be with me as he is really close to me and I'm afraid he'll be distressed if I show any emotions he's not familiar with. But I honesty don't trust anyone to stay with him. More of a long story as to why. I'm increasingly tired despite being very happy about this child who will be joining our family. Idk if the fatigue is preg related or depression related. I even feel like I don't want to talk to my therapist bc she suggested I find a nanny to trust and I haven't been successful.
DreamInGreen is online now   Reply With Quote