Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Where can I get these or something similar for a reasonable price??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Happy to help! I always like to read what you have to say also. So, the feeling is mutual.

Did you see I can give you more info if you need it? I added a bunch of ETA's. (I'm famous for editing. )
aw I feel the love. lol

Thanks for letting me know about the pics. I am not sure why DS likes the simpler pics better. I think probably because it is less distracting than trying to read a few simple words on a page full of huge, colorful pictures. The pictures in other books are nice. But for a kid who is just starting out, they seem to be overwhelming sometimes.

I read on Amazon that each set has 8-12 books?? Your sets have 15?

I just ordered all 3 sets. I only spent like $15 b/c I had a $20 credit on my Amazon account (that I've had FOR-ever and was probably about to expire...).

How many do you have in your first set? compared to the 2nd and 3rd?

I am really excited to get these, b/c I am fairly sure that DS is memorizing the few books we rotate through. He doesn't actually "READ" them anymore. lol. And his voice is going monotone. So it's pretty clear he needs some extra stuff.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Google I See Sam readers. The first 52 are available free online and perfect for this! Bonus, the pictures are much better and my kid liked the stories better.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin View Post
Google I See Sam readers. The first 52 are available free online and perfect for this! Bonus, the pictures are much better and my kid liked the stories better.
Thanks! I'll keep these in mind!

From first glance, they look a bit too repetitive. But they do look useful for a beginning reader! I just think my DS may be just a *tad* past that point.

Those look great for something like sight words, though!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #14
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
aw I feel the love. lol

Thanks for letting me know about the pics. I am not sure why DS likes the simpler pics better. I think probably because it is less distracting than trying to read a few simple words on a page full of huge, colorful pictures. The pictures in other books are nice. But for a kid who is just starting out, they seem to be overwhelming sometimes.

I read on Amazon that each set has 8-12 books?? Your sets have 15?

I just ordered all 3 sets. I only spent like $15 b/c I had a $20 credit on my Amazon account (that I've had FOR-ever and was probably about to expire...).

How many do you have in your first set? compared to the 2nd and 3rd?

I am really excited to get these, b/c I am fairly sure that DS is memorizing the few books we rotate through. He doesn't actually "READ" them anymore. lol. And his voice is going monotone. So it's pretty clear he needs some extra stuff.

I was wrong. This is not the same as what Costco sells. It looks the same, but it is different. I have Collection 1, not Set 1. Mine includes the beginning reader and advanced (set 1 and 2) and is a total of 18 books. (The Costco price is good at $9.99 for this set. Sorry I was wrong. ) I also have all the other collections from Costco which includes all the other books.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #15
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
Thanks! I'll keep these in mind!

From first glance, they look a bit too repetitive. But they do look useful for a beginning reader! I just think my DS may be just a *tad* past that point.

Those look great for something like sight words, though!
This was exactly Zack's problem. Maturity, he needed more, but he could not read the easy readers yet. Always a challenge.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #16
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I was wrong. This is not the same as what Costco sells. It looks the same, but it is different. I have Collection 1, not Set 1. Mine includes the beginning reader and advanced (set 1 and 2) and is a total of 18 books. (The Costco price is good at $9.99 for this set. Sorry I was wrong. ) I also have all the other collections from Costco which includes all the other books.
Dang!

Are you close to Cosco? Wanna do me a favor?

Did I just shamelessly ask you that? Or what?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #17
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally would, but I actually live about 45 minutes from there. However....I am going on Saturday. You already bought these, but I can see if they have any left. I googled this once and even found a blog dedicated to talking about Bob books and talked about the collections...here...http://www.bobbooks.com/bob_books_costco.php This site is all about Bob and I linked you to the page about the Costco collections.

Let me know if you want me to look.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I totally would, but I actually live about 45 minutes from there. However....I am going on Saturday. You already bought these, but I can see if they have any left. I googled this once and even found a blog dedicated to talking about Bob books and talked about the collections...here...http://www.bobbooks.com/bob_books_costco.php This site is all about Bob and I linked you to the page about the Costco collections.

Let me know if you want me to look.
I'll PM you.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #19
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My box is 99% full. I'll clean it out.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What about these. The first 5 are free to print.

http://www.early-reading.com/printable/
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote