Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Just started no poo, question?

I just started no poo yesterday, I think it will be really good for my hair since I've always struggled with finding shampoos that work for my curly hair. My hair has decided to be straw like during transition, but I'm hoping it won't last too long. Anyway, I have a question about adding some kind of scent to the acv rinse. Has anyone done this? I can't stand the smell while my hair is drying. Can I add essential oil to it? I have lavender on hand or I could go to the store and get something else, maybe orange? Just wondered if anyone has experience?

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

Advertisement

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just started no poo, question?

Maybe you're using too much ACV or not rinsing it out very well. I never had a problem with my hair smelling like vinegar while drying. How often are you washing? If going no poo I definitely don't recommend washing more than once or twice a week. I did no poo for a few months and hated it! I hope you find success with it though.
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Just started no poo, question?

I've had some scent from the ACV hang around, but my hair is pretty porous and thick. I haven't scented my rinse, but you can w/ EOs. Or you could use a different acid in your rinse...just be careful that it's diluted enough.

I still do bs/acv to clarify my hair occasionally, but have experimented with many different ways to "no-poo". Don't be afraid to look up more info &/or experiment if the bs/acv isn't working for you. Right now, I like a cleansing conditioner or low-poo once of twice a week & rinse & condition the other days. There's no right way to do it, just what works for you!
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well, I added some lavender essential oil (like five drops) and added extra water to both my baking soda and acv. The lavender really made a difference with the smell! This is only the second time I've washed, so we will see how it goes.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
kirstkat
Registered Users

Hm. When I first started a few years back my hair would sometimes smell vinegary while drying, but not nowadays... Maybe I've changed my rinsing routine somehow? Do you rinse with cold water? That's the only thing I can think of, I go cold enough that I'm occasionally yelping, but it leaves my hair way smoother and shinier, so it's worth it. regardless though there's nothing wrong with adding a little EO. Lavender sounds lovely.
kirstkat is offline   Reply With Quote