Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
blueyes
Registered Users

Vent: my brother's girlfriend.

Hello! I just wish that I could like her but I can't even though I've tried many times.

She's 23, 4 years younger than my brother. They worked at a grocery store together two years ago so that's how they met. She actually moved in at our place without my mother's permission and they're living together in my brother's room. She has work (at a motorcycle company) but she's living like a freeloader here (free on foods, electrical/water expenses). She even called mother "Mommy". Her things that she bought (shoes, blouses) were coming from my brother's expenses. Yesterday I found out that she got a student permit to take driving lessons so she could use either one of the two of our family vehicles. Again, my brother paid for this. My brother is the only person who is the driver in the family because he's the only male in the household. She told her friends that if she learned how to drive, she would take them someplace to hang out. She even asked my brother when I and my daughter are going to move out (I don't have plans to move out of my mother's place). I'm not sure what she meant by us moving out of the place.

Do you believe in the saying that a cheater's always a cheater? Do you think that she's just using my brother for money? We're not rich, but she's not actually helping with the household expenses. She's been living here for a year now and she's not married to my brother. She cooks food for us, but she does not do that all the time unless when asked. She helps around the chores but only when asked. She had a cheating history with her ex-boyfriend who was working at another country before she met my brother. This guy sacrificed everything for her, she used the guy for money for 8 years to finish her schooling. Then she and my brother became an item before she dumped her ex.

To those who can relate in the place of the girlfriend, I apologize but I never intended to compare her with you guys. I also need advices if there's any. I needed to change my views about her and like her.

Advertisement

Last edited by blueyes; 01-30-2013 at 04:32 PM.
blueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Vent: my brother's girlfriend.

What does your mom think about the girl living there?
I personally don't want any of my kids moving back home once they become adults and move out. I would help in the case of like divorce or domestic violence as a temporary place to live while my child got back on their feet though.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think your brother has just as much responsibility for the situation as she does. Why didn't he ask your mother if she could move in? Why doesn't he insist that she share in the expenses? If she's spending your brother's money, he must be giving it to her. Your brother was an active participant in her cheating on her ex, as well...

My advice? Stay out of it.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
angelisagemini
Registered Users

My Mood:

Honestly, I think it's not your place to judge. It's not your relationship or your house.
angelisagemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
I think your brother has just as much responsibility for the situation as she does. Why didn't he ask your mother if she could move in? Why doesn't he insist that she share in the expenses? If she's spending your brother's money, he must be giving it to her. Your brother was an active participant in her cheating on her ex, as well...

My advice? Stay out of it.
yep that

its between your brother, his GF and your mother. Not your business IMO
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
blueyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelisagemini View Post
Honestly, I think it's not your place to judge. It's not your relationship or your house.
thank you for your opinion!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
Nora+6
Registered Users

I don't see how her learning to drive offends you? It is 2013, women...can do these things.

Apparently your mother doesn't mind having you all live with her...including this woman. If the owner of the house says nothing, your brother says nothing...if it's not your house, you don't really get a say.

She may have cheated, but your brother actively participate. If she sucks, he sucks too.

Leave it alone. You have the option to move out if you can't tolerate her, or the situation.
Nora+6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

She's 23 years old and she doesn't have a license? Not a good sign IMO. Unless she is from NY or another area with amazing mass transit, what is her excuse?

IMO, she should be paying part of the utilities. She's using it, so she should help pay for it. Just makes sense to me.

ETA: I am a believer in once a cheater always a cheater. But unless your brother wasn't aware of this other guy, he is just as bad as she is and they probably deserve each other lol
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

also, I don't think the OP is looking for advice? i think she is just venting.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

i'm confused? she asked when you and your daughter were moving out but not your son? and why does it bother you that shes learning to drive, is it because shes a woman? your brother is the only driver because hes the man of the house so is she supposed to be beneath him?

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote