Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
1nOnlyLilRed
Registered Users
seller
seller

CLOSED. Mama pm'd. babysense movement monitor

I have a movement monitor that is in great condition, barely used (the initial noise is too loud imo). I would like to give it to someone who can use it.

To enter please list a resource for me to get ideas for homeschooling my almost 5 year old step son. Free online resources would be great!

I may have to get creative with packaging and will see this week if it will all fit in a lfrb. I will update with that info soon. I'm estimating $16 for now. This will close mid February.
Please note I am extremely busy and may not be able to fulfill requests for pix and such.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by 1nOnlyLilRed; 02-16-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: closed
1nOnlyLilRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
polbell
Registered Users
seller

Re: babysense movement monitor

Hi there,

We use Switched on Schoolhouse for our kids, but they are 5-9 graders. I have a friend with younger kids who uses Time4Learning online for a pretty low price - don't think it's free but it's ALOT cheaper than most curriculum I've seen. She loves it and has all three kiddos in it, one of them is autistic too. Hope that helps!!
polbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
polbell
Registered Users
seller

I forgot to mention that I have a toddler and a baby on the way too and that I will most likely be checking out the Time4Learning for them when they are old enough
polbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
Cadeau
Registered Users
seller

Saxon math or Making Math Meaningful
Reading Naturally
Handwriting without Tears
Cadeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Hi. Unfortunately I can't help with the homeschooling a 5 yr old resources(i have a 2 yr old and 5 mo old), but id like to enter if I can for my nephew/godson, who has a form of cp and has seizures and wonder if this would help his parents/sister sleep easier at night to know when he is having a seizure. They're trying to raise money for a n assistance dog that would be able to alert them but have a ways to go before they have enough for the dog.
Thanks for sharing!.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
guntersvillebride
Registered Users
seller

I would really like to enter for a newbie due in July. I do not homeschool, so I may not be much help, but here is a great resource I found online:

http://thehappyhousewife.com/homesch...ool-resources/

This blog links to tons of free homeschool resources where you can free worksheets, downloads, and web learning. Hope that helps!
guntersvillebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
nicolewayne
Registered Users
seller

I would LOVE to enter For online tools I have found abcmouse.com and time4learning.com to be quite helpful and informative. Also check with your local school system b/c some of them offer a home school curiculum and have groups for parents who home school their children. Also most of those schools will allow your kids to go and do their extra-curiculars there like, music, band, gym, art, library when they are youger. Then as they get into jr high & high school they can be part of the groups and sports. Along with going to proms and dances and stuff.
nicolewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
nicolewayne
Registered Users
seller

Also for starting now before he's in Kindergarten Dollar Tree has some great items to use for Pre-K. You can get letter & number books, cards and other school items for $1 each.
nicolewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #9
jjoneday
Registered Users
seller

I love, love, LOVE 1plus1plus1equals1.com....GREAT resources! I'd enter if I could pay for shipping, but we can't right now...good luck homeschooling! i was HSed from K-12...it was such a blessing in numerous ways!
jjoneday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
1nOnlyLilRed
Registered Users
seller
seller

Going to have ds pick a name randomly Friday night!
1nOnlyLilRed is offline   Reply With Quote