Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
conover007
Registered Users

Re: Screaming in car seat- advice please!!!

Thank you so much for the input!! I do have a convertible seat. I think one mama was on the right track with the wanting to move around. We'll see how he does over time!! Thanks!

Advertisement

conover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's a phase most babies go through. DS has never liked being in the car. Now, distraction works well.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:50 PM   #13
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaysKidz View Post
Please reconsider doing this in the future. This is an extremely dangerous practice for both you and your child. #1...you could smother/crush your child in an accident. #2...you are out of position and therefor not fully protected by your seat belt....and if you took your seat belt off...then you were a 100-300lbs (?) projectile. Seriously, this is not something you should be considering.
I understand your point but from our personal experience we were all at a higher potential for a car accident when our daughter was screaming because no one could concentrate on driving with that ear piercing shriek.

It is a practice even Dr. Sears has promoted. I agree that there is a risk but sometimes we have to balance out which poses the greater risk. If people can coherently drive when their child is screaming I give them major props. I certainly couldn't.

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #14
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD has been a carseat hater since birth. She screamed the whole trip home from the Birth Center, and still screams today (shes now 10 months old). She went from an infant to convertible seat...no difference. We've tried toys, music, giving her snacks or juice. No help.
So, I really dont have any advice.

All I can say is hang in there! Eventually they'll get better.