Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #111
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Deciding not to breast feed in advancei

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
but you are saying that. You're just trying to protect yourself at the end. I'm sorry.. but there are a lot of things people choose that I don't like. I most certainly do not go out on public forums and tell them that they and their behaviors disgust me. Or that they don't really want a baby because they make a different choice?

ugh.. I am disgusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely View Post
Maybe you should take a look at how caught up you are in yourself. Stop projecting your beliefs and values on other people. Stop making assumptions about how bonded they are with their babies. Stop saying that women should never have children unless they are willing to do anything, no matter how extreme, to nurse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
umm wow-- I am not sure what to say.

I am not sure I have ever read a more judgemental post. i have to say i feel very sorry for any of your friends that are havnign babies especially any that use formula.
Um yeah to all that.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #112
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Meh. I have smelled infant formula, it's disgusting. I would feel ashamed of myself if I fed my baby genetically modified food byproducts as their sole source of intake. That said, I tend to be an overachiever. I'll support breastfeeding as much as possible, because, it is and always will be far superior. It's a shame that [ideal human] nutrition comes second to so many.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #113
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen
Meh. I have smelled infant formula, it's disgusting. I would feel ashamed of myself if I fed my baby genetically modified food byproducts as their sole source of intake. That said, I tend to be an overachiever. I'll support breastfeeding as much as possible, because, it is and always will be far superior. It's a shame that [ideal human] nutrition comes second to so many.
Ashamed of myself. I'll add that to the list. Thanks.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

Old 01-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #114
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Old 01-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #115
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen
Would you be more ashamed of feeding them formula or killing them or yourself because of ppd?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #116
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe

Would you be more ashamed of feeding them formula or killing them or yourself because of ppd?

Or killing them because its the only food they can safely consume?

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

Old 01-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #117
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post

Women don't normally kill themselves or babies from PPD. What you're referring to is PPP - Postpartum Psychosis, which is rare.

I don't think she meant that as an attack to those how formula feed, she was just saying her opinion on *herself*. I had PPD and formula fed my first, I have always regretted it and do feel bad for it. But that doesn't mean I judge others for using formula.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #118
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma

Women don't normally kill themselves or babies from PPD. What you're referring to is PPP - Postpartum Psychosis.

I don't think she meant that as an attack to those how formula feed, she was just saying her opinion on *herself*. I had PPD and formula fed my first, I have always regretted it and do feel bad for it. But that doesn't mean I judge others for using formula.
You don't have to have postpartum psychosis to be so depressed and detached from your children to commit suicide or harm your child. Regardless of the actual diagnosis, its opinions like these that make women ashamed of making good choices for their health and the health of their child. Nobody needs to second guess any choice they make because of somebody and their self righteous attitude.

A mom who chooses to formula feed their child isn't hurting you (general you) or your (general your) baby. So why get so judgemental?

Old 01-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #119
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
You don't have to have postpartum psychosis to be so depressed and detached from your children to commit suicide or harm your child. Regardless of the actual diagnosis, its opinions like these that make women ashamed of making good choices for their health and the health of their child. Nobody needs to second guess any choice they make because of somebody and their self righteous attitude.
A mom who chooses to formula feed their child isn't hurting you (general you) or your (general your) baby. So why get so judgemental?

Yes I know. I was just stating that *most* women with PPD do not commit suicide or harm their children. As someone who had PPD it bothers me when people make those comments when they are normally referring to the very rare case of PPP. People get the two mixed up a lot.

To the bolded I'm not sure if you're referring to opinions I made or to ones a PP made. Because I dont' judge those who formula feed, I just didn't want people to mix up PPD and PPP.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #120
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
Women don't normally kill themselves or babies from PPD. What you're referring to is PPP - Postpartum Psychosis, which is rare.

My sister had PPD. It developed into PPP after she was put on an anti-depressant.

This is something I wrote almost a month ago, it still applies. Though when I say I was just like BFing advocates, yeah what I've seen on here takes the cake. I was more, try it, if you can't, oh well.

I have to admit I hate when people say crap like that. Short of EPing, my daughter just couldn't do breast milk, she is just NOW at 8 months leaving speech therapy, she literally could not form a suction to get milk out. Literally starving. I put her on formula, cried my heart out, and put myself on anti-depressants.

Then, I'd come and read stuff about how awful it is that mother's prop bottles, like in the store. All I could think of reading that was, "You do NOT know what the person's situation is." For me, yes I propped while I was shopping, it was the only way she would sleep and if I then had to put her in her carseat she would wake up and scream the entire 15 minutes home. But, on top of that, it literally broke my heart every time I had to feed her a bottle, and propping helped the pain.

I actually pawned some of the feedings off to my older two to help me deal with the heartache.

When a child can NOT take breast milk straight from the tap then Formula becomes the BEST for that child, no if ands or buts about it. It is unrealistic to expect every mother whose child can't get enough BFing to pump. Not every mother can do it. Many moms work. And donor milk is not always an option either. Asking a mother to get donor milk, when their finances might not be able to handle it is awful. And guilt tripping them is even worse.

Anyone who goes on breast feeding is best on my FB is immediately hidden. I just won't deal with it. Sad thing is, I used to be just like them, until I had to go through this journey with A.