Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #161
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures From Elf

Why should we not look down on your very judgmental attitude?

That sub standard infant feeding method has my 8 month 26 day old baby walking 10 steps. She started at 8 months 15 days. That sub standard infant feeding method had her crawling before six months, sitting up before five months and once she caught up on the weight loss caused by me trying to breastfeed her, at around 6 months, she has been completely ahead of everything. She crawled up the stairs at a few days past 7 months (with us behind her.)

That sub standard feeding method is what kept my daughter alive.

That sub standard feeding method fed my daughter while I've dealt with severe PPD because of the fact that I can't nurse her. That because of PCOS, I can't pump barely anything and really when I have 6 children, 4 of which are homeschool, I truly don't have the time to pump.

Just because that is all your daughter can have and that is a choice you made, to pump, doesn't mean that formula for my daughter is sub standard.
That sub-standard feeding method kept DS1 from starving. I was over stressed and over worked. My milk dried up and it was formula or starve.

Not harping on the quoted poster. Just disgusted with the opinion of the person she quoted.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #162
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma

Are you saying moms who nurse when they have PCOS will give it to their daughter? Or are you saying you have an excessive of the hormone that can cause PCOS, and so therefor you don't nurse? Not trying to be snarky, just curious what you mean in the bolded.

So sorry to hear about women in your family experiencing that.
I meant that there is a chance that being exposed to the irregular hormones over an extended period of time can throw baby's development out of wack and their hormones won't know how to regulate. I'm not explaining it well. I'll have to find the way it was explained to me. But it had to do with being exposed to the irregular chemical levels predisposes them to sugar and hormone issues. It doesn't CAUSE it, there's a correlation. I guess my struggle was a painful one, and bf it increased the risk of fertility issues or diabetes at all, it just wasn't worth it. Probably very similar to how many of you feel that if bf increases the health of your baby at ALL (which in a normal woman, it does) than you will go to heaven and back to give that nutrition. Perhaps in that sense, I'm more like the bf group? I tend to be a die hard in some instances. For example I can't imagine NOT rf my son in his carseat simply because it became inconvenient. For the life of me, I don't know why anyone who reads rf is safer flips their kid at 1 year old. But I don't openly judge them (well, except for this post, which is the first I've ever made about rf/ff to make a parallel example). I just talk about them quietly in my own head . But I digress into a whole new mommy war. :/

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Old 01-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #163
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Deciding not to breast feed in advancei

^ Ah ok, I get what you're saying
Old 01-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #164
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Deciding not to breast feed in advancei

I keep reading about the "bad" formula feeding mums, but what about the bad breastfeeding ones?

I knew a girl who was 15 when her baby was born. I think she lived off welfare with the father and his father. I partied with her regularly. We'd all get drunk and hang out in the same filthy room where the baby slept. I never saw her breastfeed the baby once, so she must have not have fed him all that often (she said she breastfed). She regularly smoked pot, cigarettes, and only ate fast food and coca cola. So in her situation, was breast best?

I'm just trying to say that it isn't black and white. There are too many factors to consider.

Eta- I was young and partied daily and was stupid. I look back and realize how awful it was to party with a poor six month old stuck in his playpen with nothing to do but sleep. Try not to judge me, I grew up.

Last edited by Huxley; 01-31-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #165
amandact
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am not my daughter's biological mother and the bottle (and often formula when pumping isn't enough) is the only way I can feed her. It's not breast feeding but I still find it incredibly meaningful/bonding experience etc. I imagine lots of non-bio moms and dads feel the same way. I imagine lots of bio moms want to share that experience with their co-parents.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #166
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok ok ok. I have GOT to get this off my chest. Do you know a friend of mine ACTUALLY told me I was allergic to Mosquitos because my mom formula fed me???? He was dead serious.

Ummm... WHAT????

I figured it didn't matter what side of this "war" you're on, you'd find that amusing.

And if you happen to be sitting there thinking, well, SOMEBODY needed to tell her that's what caused it, for the love of all that is good, just keep that to yourself lest we get into another argument about Mosquitos.

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Old 01-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #167
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post

Because number 1, it's no one else's business how they decide to feed their kid. And, because number 2, to the bolded, it's not like that for everyone. I know women who have driven themselves to the depths of ppd trying to bf their kids so they're not judged as harshly as you've done. It's not all rainbows and unicorns to everyone.
This was me I tried and tried with my first. Saw a laleche person who berated me for days hooked tubes to my nipples. After three weeks I gave up and felt horrible. Didn't even try with my second. Nursed my third for six weeks, my fourth for three months and my fifth 6 mo s ebf and now part time. I can't tell you how many ppl think they need to give me their opinion on my feeding habits.

Interestingly my child who had no bm is my most advanced and the healthiest. Shrug
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #168
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post

I did both FF and EBF... this is all I have to say about that.
Yesssssss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post

Are you saying moms who nurse when they have PCOS will give it to their daughter? Or are you saying you have an excessive of the hormone that can cause PCOS, and so therefor you don't nurse? Not trying to be snarky, just curious what you mean in the bolded.

So sorry to hear about women in your family experiencing that.
I've never heard this either. It is interesting.
Two close friends of mine have PCOS. Neither were breastfed.

Last edited by Dory; 01-31-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #169
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I'm even jumping in on this drama...but an observation if I may.

One of the themes that keeps coming up is about how you bond so much more with your child with bf as opposed to ff. why is one form of feeding more bonding than another? Isn't it the quality time we spend with our children not how we give them their meal how we bond? I'd be willing to bet almost all bf mommies here on ds have been playing on our phone posting on this forum at one point or another while we were nursing. Quality bonding right there.

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com

Last edited by Aubrey<3Gavin; 01-31-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #170
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory

Yesssssss!

I've never heard this either. It is interesting.
Two close friends of mine have PCOS. Neither were breastfeed.
Neither was I. We know it can come from exposure in the womb. But what if DS was fine in the womb since I took DCI and inositol during pregnancy and kept my hormones under control. I wasn't sure those two chemicals would affect metabolism of an infant developing (so I wouldn't take them while bf), but then my hormones would run amok and is exposť him anyway even if he avoided exposure in my womb. So I ff.

It was kinda like too much information, you know? Once I knew it and thought about it. Just on the off chance I could hurt him more. I'd always wonder if his diabetes could have been avoided. At least this way I know I did the best I could based on the information I had at the time. I have to be honest, if someone could show me inositol and DCI wouldn't hurt an infant, I'd bf my next, cuz I know my free testosterone and insulin would be in check.

Last edited by Hope4More; 01-31-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Closed Thread