Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #401
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller
Is that what I said???
Yes. It is exactly what you said.

Maybe you meant it another way... But it IS what you said.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #402
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lol this thread is going downhill. When i re read the thing about not having kids if u dont like being touched i thought maybe i should stop eating...since i hate doing dishes.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #403
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Deciding not to breast feed in advancei

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
Lol this thread is going downhill. When i re read the thing about not having kids if u dont like being touched i thought maybe i should stop eating...since i hate doing dishes.
Yeah that was one of the oddest things I've read in awhile.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #404
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

[QUOTE=s@hmommy;16259276]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller View Post

For me , this contributes to my choice not to even try to bf the child I am expecting. I will not put myself through that emotional roller coaster again for the sake of everyone's sanity. I tried very very hard with two kids and was never successful. I think that trying and failing with one child could contribute to not even bothering trying with another because you already know how that failure makes you feel. Does that help any? I am not trying to be snarky, I promise, I just think no one is considering that past failure could affect future decisions on the matter.
agreed.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #405
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I don't think this thread is anywhere near the original question. Maybe time to give it a quiet death and buriel before anyone gets really hurt by it if it isn't already too late for that.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #406
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Yes. It is exactly what you said.

Maybe you meant it another way... But it IS what you said.
No it isn't. If all you people don't like being touched by your children in a loving way whether breast of bottle feeding them which is what you're saying? and are ok with that then that's your problem and of course your kids problem really. How sad.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #407
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
So what do you do then? Only eat out? Use paper plates? Or are you saying you suffer through your children's touch like you would a load of dirty dishes? I don't get it. dishes would be a natural occurance of eating just like being touched by your child is a natural and enjoyable part of parenting

Last edited by LaurenAppenzeller; 02-07-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #408
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So what do you do then? Only eat out? Use paper plates? Or are you saying you suffer through your children's touch like you would a load of dirty dishes? I don't get it. dishes would be a natural occurance of eating just like being touched by your child is a natural and enjoyable part of parenting
Sarcasm. Whoa. Wheres that chill pill icon when I need it...

Cant find it, but this'll work

Old 02-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #409
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

Is that what I said??? No I don't particularly enjoy mine being touched by my baby but I love to nurse and when she holds them so lovingly like there her most favorite thing in the world it makes all the times I don t love it so much worth it.even my husband loves watching her nurse its soooo cute!! So funny that that was a sidenote comment to something I didn't even mean to quote and shouldn't have said. Shoulda kept that one to myself but my comment how ff moms bond by cuddling and releasing oxytocin much the samethe same way bf moms do goes un noticed I'm don't think I'm being judgemental I am just very surprised that someone who says I don't want to breastfeed bc I don't like being touched would want kids since that's such a big part of having them that's all. She never said I don't lime my boobs being touched. I said I hope I'm reading this wrong.
That is exactly what you said. You felt you should voice who you believe should and shouldn't have children based on if they liked to be touched. You must not have ever read my story on here. I don't feel I need to post it again but I'm a mom who has attachment and touch issues due to a horrendous start at life. Talk about someone who shouldn't have kids. Anyway. I am the mom you are supposedly talking about. I will be sure to tell my five kids who absolutely know they are loved that they should have never been born.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #410
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post

That is exactly what you said. You felt you should voice who you believe should and shouldn't have children based on if they liked to be touched. You must not have ever read my story on here. I don't feel I need to post it again but I'm a mom who has attachment and touch issues due to a horrendous start at life. Talk about someone who shouldn't have kids. Anyway. I am the mom you are supposedly talking about. I will be sure to tell my five kids who absolutely know they are loved that they should have never been born.
And yes I force myself to kiss my kids, hug them all the time. Touch them and even breast feed some of them. They climb on me as much as I can stand it. I love my children dearly.I do everything I can to not let them see but my older kids know.they understand it's not them.they understand what I went through and they know I love them to pieces. Being a good mom doesn't equal being a jungle gym. Or breast feeding. It, means loving them unconditionally. Doing the very best you can for your family.
Closed Thread