Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need a little support

hi mamas,
I don't post a ton on here, but I do stop by to check and read threads, etc.
I'm 31 weeks along right now. Anyways, I have had 4 large babies (all were over 9 pounds), with my most recent being 10lbs 7oz. His birth was a little traumatic for me because his shoulders were stuck (it was a natural birth) and honestly, it just felt like he was too big for me to birth, although, thank God, he came out ok and he is a normal healthy wonderful little boy...

I just am so scared now that I can literally feel how big my baby is right now inside me- with him kicking and moving around. I'm sort of terrified he will be too big or that I will need a c-section (which I've never had before and I don't do well with medical things).

Just wanted to share, I hate to be scared, etc. If any of you are inclined to pray for him (that he would not be overly big and would not get stuck) or for me (that I could let go of my fears), I would greatly appreciate it!!

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ddc,

I have had 2 c/s and they were both done very well by 2 different doctors. Dd was bec she was breeched and ds was because I wanted the vbac but never went into labor. But anyways a c/s is not always bad like some think. Ds was 9.4 and man was I glad I didn't get the vbac after I heard his weight lol. GL!!!!
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Hugs mama! I know it's hard, but try to have faith things will be ok. I've had a c-section and a VBAC, and survived both!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need a little support

I will be praying that you can relax and trust that whatever happens is for you and your LO's best interest.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
estrellajane
Registered Users
seller

My last birth was a homebirth. Baby got stuck (due to positioning and the cord being really tight around her neck so she couldn't turn). She was 9lbs9oz. I'm 29w6d now and have been measuring big all along. I am not worried, though. I am paying attention to my diet (I have a killer sweet tooth!) and trust that my body will not grow a baby it can't birth.

Have you talked to your OB/midwife about your worries and maybe what you can do to make sure you don't have another 10lb-er? My midwives talk a lot about diet. I'll keep you in my thoughts!
estrellajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

sending prayers your way!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank you mamas!

yes, my doctor is monitoring me for Gestational Diabetes.
I just barely passed the glucose test 6 weeks ago and am scheduled to take it again in a week. I have been trying to follow a GD diet just as a precaution eventhough I don't have it, but maybe not very well.

Other than that, we will do an ultrasound to monitor also. I'm just praying like crazy that I have a much smaller baby, with no problems when he is on his way out.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think the GD diet can hurt, even if you don't have GD - right?

Don't forget that u/s isn't always right for guessing weight later on in pregnancy - they give a +/- of 2lbs - that's really a considerable window!

Honestly, without GD or some other underlying condition that can affect baby's weight/growth, I think our bodies will just grow big or small babies, and there's not much we can do to change that.
I am only 5 feet tall, not terribly large (when not pregnant!), but I have had babies 8-9.5lbs and 21-23.5" long - my body just grows them that size. I believe there is a hereditary component to this - for me, I am the same size/shape/frame as my Grammie, and she grew 2 big babies - larger than mine even. I take after her in this way.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Praying for an easy delivery!!!

Im worried this one is bigger than my other 2 tiny babies......and of course, this one will be at home:/ and i tear.........with 6.5 & 6.8lb babies o.O