Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:
Are there other Natural Living boards you visit?

Just wondering what other green forums are out there. DS is the only one I visit, and as much I love it here, quite a bit no longer applies to me as my kids are getting older (youngest is 6 1/2yo). I like the Green Families, Thrifty, Healthy Living, etc. sections on here but feel they don't get as much traffic as a board dedicated to it. Thanks!

Advertisement

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Sundygrl
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Are there other Natural Living boards you visit?

Mothering.com boards are full of information.
Sundygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Brinklen
Registered Users

I love Wellness Mama, Crunchy Betty, Empowered Sustenance and No More Dirty Looks (for natural beauty ideas - and the reason I found "Taking Charge of Your Fertility and began charting rather than continue to buy into the Pill nonsense). Thanks to these folks, I make my own laundry detergent, fabric softener, have reduced tooth sensitivity (make my own tooth powder), found THE BEST glass cleaner ever (and now make it), and learned more about places like DS. I'd give all those girls a look-see... they are all on journeys and willing to share what they've found to help other on their journeys. So inspiring!
Brinklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Brinklen, please tell me about the tooth powder if it is not baking soda based (I can't do baking soda based). Thanks!

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Brinklen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429
Brinklen, please tell me about the tooth powder if it is not baking soda based (I can't do baking soda based). Thanks!
The recipe I use is from Wellness Mama's site. She says the baking soda is optional as there are other beneficial ingredients that make it a powder, such as bentonite clay and calcium magnesium powder (basically crushed tablets). For me it's important to have ingredients that I can use elsewhere, and she explains how most of them may already be in your home (for me, xylitol and coconut oil are staples).
Hope this helps! I'm new so I can't post her website but its easy to find if you search her site or even google Wellness Mama tooth powder.
Brinklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you Brinklen. I used a toothpaste that contained powdered minerals for a while and found that after a couple of months it made my teeth very sensitive. But the powder you pointed me to does sound interesting. I did just buy earthpaste, a clay based toothpaste, at the recommendation of a mama here, and I guess that will begin to give me an idea as to whether these ingredients would in fact be ok for me. http://wellnessmama.com/5252/reminer...powder-recipe/ Thank you!

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 02-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

p.s.--Not to take too much of a tangent on this thread, but due to the good things I've heard about xylitol and teeth, I am considering adding a little bit to (the rather awful tasting but effective) peelu powder that I use to brush my teeth during the day (I presently use a regular toothpaste or my prescription toothpaste for remineralization at night). I suppose if nothing else it would make it taste a little more tolerable. Indeed some of these tooth powder ingredients might work well with peelu powder to provide a more gentle remineralization than the recipe as is.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I mostly just visit blogs, not other forums. I used to be an active member on MDC many years ago, but when I started posting here I stuck to it.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
RIMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Talking Re: Are there other Natural Living boards you visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
p.s.--Not to take too much of a tangent on this thread, but due to the good things I've heard about xylitol and teeth, I am considering adding a little bit to (the rather awful tasting but effective) peelu powder that I use to brush my teeth during the day (I presently use a regular toothpaste or my prescription toothpaste for remineralization at night). I suppose if nothing else it would make it taste a little more tolerable. Indeed some of these tooth powder ingredients might work well with peelu powder to provide a more gentle remineralization than the recipe as is.

Have you read Ramiel Nagel's book, Cure Tooth Decay? My three year old was diagnosed with a soy and dairy allergy that caused a bunch of malabsorption issues; one of them being very soft, decaying front teeth. At the suggestion of my dentist, I read the book and put her on a butter oil/fermented cod liver oil regiment, and the results are pretty incredible. I think Peaceful Planet, the store I buy my supplements from, carries the book now as well. I'm thrilled that I didn't stick with the recommendation of dentist #1 to fill and cap them. Buying a book and a few bottles of supplements was far less expensive and traumatic than dental surgery would have been. Just a thought. Best of luck!
RIMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #10
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks, RIMommy, I've been looking into the fabled butter oil fermented cod liver combo for a month or two now. One of the things keeping me from trying it at this time is simply that I do not digest cod liver oil well at all, even the emulsified kind (in fact, fish in general just doesn't mesh with me). So it's a lot of money to put down on something I may simply be unable to take.

That said, I am on a very restricted diet. And I do not tend to have cavities at all, just thin enamel and some recession. It's all very interesting though.

Last edited by debcita429; 03-10-2013 at 12:05 PM.