Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Reverse cycle feeding....

Is this a bad thing?

My 6 month old has started doing this. He won't take a bottle at all. Daycare keeps sending home papers saying he only had an ounce all day. I feed him at the latest 5:30-6 am. Then he doesn't eat again until sometime between 4-5:30 pm. So almost 12 hours with NO feeding. Then he doesn't really eat a whole lot til later at night and he wakes many times over night to eat. The last day we were separated he did not eat at all while I was gone. He is not losing weight and is at 21 pounds and still has tons of wet diapers but I'm scared its something bad?!? Any advice?!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
Connor
Registered Users
seller

It's pretty common for some babies to do. It could be a phase, and he'll start taking more at daycare. I wouldn't be worried as long as he's nursing plenty while with you. A minimum of 8 nursings a day is what you should shoot for. Just keep watching his diapers, as long as he's staying hydrated I wouldn't worry.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor
It's pretty common for some babies to do. It could be a phase, and he'll start taking more at daycare. I wouldn't be worried as long as he's nursing plenty while with you. A minimum of 8 nursings a day is what you should shoot for. Just keep watching his diapers, as long as he's staying hydrated I wouldn't worry.
This exactly

But since you probably already have pumped milk for him for daycare if I were you I would try to feed him a bottle of that milk. My dd is 7 months and for a while refused the pumped breast milk bottle but was okay with taking the breast milk bottle from me.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Reverse cycle feeding....

i think someone said if really hungary they will eat if u are away. keep on top of wet and dirties though.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone! He definitely has a wet diaper every time we change him so that's good. I guess he really eats a lot at night.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Reverse cycle feeding....

Hopefully it is just a phase. I would have daycare keep offering. That was always me fear that my kids would do this. I don't function well on little sleep and have to be semi functional at work.

this baby (4 months) is still waking most nights at least once and that is new for me. My other two STTN by 3 months.