Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #81
carriecook'n'sew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok my first shares

Dyed this AND made it today after having a burning desire for a bound edge cover lol.

Didn't come out perfect but not too bad.

Advertisement

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
ETSY STORE
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #82
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

I need some advice. I am making 6 crayons rolls...I have made 4 so far and all four have had this flaw I can't fix. This is number five, and hoping someone can help walk me through what the heck I am doing wrong.

On the bottom, the fabric curls up, and despite ironing/molding/playing with it, once I sew it down to sew up the side still open and the top stitch, it plops back up again. I mean, it isn't awful, but it isnt the look I am wanting.

Oh, and later I want to take a picture..I made a tiered skirt! It took me two hours and so many mess ups, but it is complete and looks mostly cute with a few small flaws, that if I were gifting, I would have to figure out, but since it is for dd, it isn't *too* bad.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #83
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriecook'n'sew View Post
Ok my first shares

Dyed this AND made it today after having a burning desire for a bound edge cover lol.

Didn't come out perfect but not too bad.
What's the binding?
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #84
carriecook'n'sew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
What's the binding?
the body is 2 layers of felted wool jersey and the binding is a really stretchy jersey that didnt' felt. I think the binding was TOO stretchy, will try maybe a thin wool flannel or a thin not so strechy jersey if I did it again.

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
ETSY STORE
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #85
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey, if you ladies tell me what you made, I can totally tally points up For this month, we have two adults in the house and my husband is really good about being useful

Here is the major flaw...I accidentally stitched over it a little, so there is an overlap. But, it was after I redid this same tier THREE times. First time I stitched it wrong side on right...next time I sewed it wrong on wrong, but so that the fraying was facing outside. Then I had to recut and re-hem and re gather and add the new one...so this minor flaw is just going to stay.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #86
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2010/05/c...roll-tutorial/
This is how I make them. I'm not sure what pattern you are using Alyssa so I don't know how to tell you to fix it.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #87
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2010/05/c...roll-tutorial/
This is how I make them. I'm not sure what pattern you are using Alyssa so I don't know how to tell you to fix it.
That is the exact pattern I have used! Somewhere, I am messing up and getting the bottoms messy (you can see in my past picture). But that is the tutorial I use for them as well

Old 02-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #88
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

You are doing something wrong but I had a hard time telling where you were in the process. You should not see any of the pink fabric on the bottom of your orange fabric. Look at picture between step 6 and 7. Then before you top stitch, you should iron it flat.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #89
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It looks like that when I am done step 7. The issue comes then when I add the fabric in step 8, and then I stitch three sides, and turn it in. The stitching on the inside pushes up the pink fabric, and I cant get it back down.

I hope that makes sense :/

Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #90
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Fixed a toy for DS3 today that broke on Christmas.

I need to finish up the slippers for DH. I am up to the hand stitching...and...I don't have the right color thread. GRRRR. I thought I did, but it does not match. I was going to run to the store and get some matching thread, but it snowed. My car isn't the greatest on snowy/slick roads, so I will just wait until tomorrow or the next day to go.