Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Anyone use emeals?

My mom is getting ready to have a bone marrow transplant and will be in the hospital for 6 weeks about an hour from my home. I will be spending weekends with her to give my dad a break. I was thinking of trying a meal plan because I am already overwhelmed trying to think about how I am going to manage everything. Emeals sends out a menu with shopping list every week and meals are supposedly planned around sales at local groceries. I normally spend a couple hours on sunday planning my menu, checking flyers and coupons. It would be one less thing to worry about and my grocery list would come to my inbox every week. It's only $21 for a 3 month membership and they have lots of meal plans to cater to everyone's needs it seems. I was wondering if anyone used them and what their thoughts were.

Advertisement

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
Eph&Ella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I do and I am one of their Bloggers. I love it. I think it is super easy and worth the little bit of money it costs to use their program.

What kind of questions do you have?
Eph&Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Eph&Ella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh, I might have a discount code too but can't look right now as J am on my phone. I know the last one expired already. If you are interested I can get it for you.
Eph&Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
MrsFishyMarineWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have it and of the 3 plans I've tried I'm not impressed. Their sample menus look good but the actual meals have been kind of out there.

DH is HOME from Afghan!
MrsFishyMarineWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:34 AM   #5
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96
My mom is getting ready to have a bone marrow transplant and will be in the hospital for 6 weeks about an hour from my home. I will be spending weekends with her to give my dad a break. I was thinking of trying a meal plan because I am already overwhelmed trying to think about how I am going to manage everything. Emeals sends out a menu with shopping list every week and meals are supposedly planned around sales at local groceries. I normally spend a couple hours on sunday planning my menu, checking flyers and coupons. It would be one less thing to worry about and my grocery list would come to my inbox every week. It's only $21 for a 3 month membership and they have lots of meal plans to cater to everyone's needs it seems. I was wondering if anyone used them and what their thoughts were.
I have one. I bought a year long membership when there was a 50% gift coupon. I both love it and hate it. I love the variety of meals, I never think of meals outside of my comfort zone so it really helps. But it uses a bunch of ingredients and cuts of meat I don't nomally buy, so it ends up not saving money at all, possibly costing more.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone use emeals?

Why not try a weekly meal plan? (Monday = pasta, Tuesday = soup, etc) Then your family would be eating what you're used to but you wouldn't have to think as hard.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Tiffanylamp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope your mom recovers quickly!

A few years ago DH and I did Ediets and really enjoyed it, though I haven't done the emeals. Not sure how similar they are. What I remember about ediets was I could really customize things. If a meal seemed too much I could change it out for something different and update my grocery list automatically. I think if emeals is a similar concept you will enjoy it, especially during such a stressful time. The other thing I loved about ediets was the way all the ingredients worked together. For example: Tuesday night I cooked up rosemary chicken in the oven (but more than we needed) and then for Wednesday lunch we had warm chicken sandwiches in a wrap with the already cooked up Rosemary chicken. I felt it really saved time.

Happily getting my Groupon on
Tiffanylamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have used them and find that Pinterest is more my style, easier for me to navigate and use and its free. It takes an extra 20 minutes a week (which I realize you may not have right now) but saves me a decent amount on groceries too. My blog has my full opinion on meal planning on it

Also I am so sorry you are stressed and your mom is unwell
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Ive used it. Im not a fan. I like that everything is thought out for you, but I didnt enjoy at least 50% of the meals, and i spent WAY more money with emails that I do on my own.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
CamilikinsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I tried it, but it stressed me out to shop for items I don't usually buy and annoyed me because those items were usually expensive. If I were in your shoes I would just make a list of easyish things I already knew how to make and made meal plans from those, along with shopping lists.
CamilikinsMama is offline   Reply With Quote