Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

he left for work at 5:30 this morning.
it's after 9pm, and he hasn't even called to tell me he's on his way home yet.
he's gotta get back up at 5am to be at work by 6. so, he'll be going straight to bed when he gets home (i don't blame him).

good grief. what's the freaking point of being married?
i don't get how army wives do it. 18 hours is hard enough!

anyway, just venting. and being selfish. pregnancy hormones are raging today. i want to see my freaking husband.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
Almacham
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slytherin House
Posts: 15,946
My Mood:
Re: i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

__________________
Sarah, mom of many
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
JulieBeth's Avatar
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Sam Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,167
My Mood:
Re: i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

Sorry mama. Hopefully he will be home soon.

I miss my husband too, but it's part of our life. It's not that it's easy but I do fall into a routine. The nights are lonely, especially since I have insomnia. When he is home, we rarely go an hour without texting or talking. He's somewhere right now that we get 10 minutes a day to chat through messenger. I feel like I am typing like a maniac to get everything out lol
__________________
Julie , Found my happily ever after with the man of my dreams Proud momma and stepmom to Jacob (12), Clara (8), Kylie (8) and Madeline clomid miracle (4)
Our new squish, Emma! Born Sept. 23rd.

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,715
Re: i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

Same thing here tonight. Although mine has called. Poor guy has been stuck on the freeway for FOUR HOURS. And he's still about 45 minutes from the house, plus he's starving so now that he has JUST started moving again, he has to pull off at the next exit and get gas and something to eat. So he still will not be home for another hour to hour and a half, and then he's going straight to bed. Poor guy.
__________________
Kim-married to Dan
Mama to Caiti (17), Rae Rae (4), Dani Lee(2), and CJ, born 10/12/12.
Stuff From Kim's Kloset That Special Moment Photography Also come check out Swagbucks with me!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieBeth View Post
Sorry mama. Hopefully he will be home soon.

I miss my husband too, but it's part of our life. It's not that it's easy but I do fall into a routine. The nights are lonely, especially since I have insomnia. When he is home, we rarely go an hour without texting or talking. He's somewhere right now that we get 10 minutes a day to chat through messenger. I feel like I am typing like a maniac to get everything out lol
yeah, see. no. 10 minutes a day? there's no way. messenger? gah. i couldn't handle it. and i am being completely serious.

he just walked in the door. i had warm pizza waiting for him. i was going to stay up a few more hours and work, but i think i am just going to go to bed with him, and just get up early in the am and get an early start.

he said he has to be back at work at 6, but he thinks they are getting off at noon tomorrow, thank god. he's had three late nights this week. dude needs a freakin' break.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
Same thing here tonight. Although mine has called. Poor guy has been stuck on the freeway for FOUR HOURS. And he's still about 45 minutes from the house, plus he's starving so now that he has JUST started moving again, he has to pull off at the next exit and get gas and something to eat. So he still will not be home for another hour to hour and a half, and then he's going straight to bed. Poor guy.
geez. how do they do it?

i always kind of, halfheartedly... ok, who am i kidding?

when i'm mad, i throw it in dh's face sometimes that "he has a real job" and "he gets to leave the house" and "he gets a break from the kids" etc. i work from home, 60-80 hours a week, am home all day with a 4 year old, am 6 months pregnant, and have two older boys (11 and 5) in school. i take care of the kids 99% of the time, and i don't get a "break."

but, it really makes me think... it has to be hard on the men. as much as we WANT a break from the kids (sahm's, or wahm's), they probably would ENJOY being here with them. well... sometimes. lol. and not only that, but what kind of "break from the kids" is it, when you have to go work for 12-14 hours a day? ugh. i'm such a witch.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
JulieBeth's Avatar
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Sam Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,167
My Mood:
Re: i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
yeah, see. no. 10 minutes a day? there's no way. messenger? gah. i couldn't handle it. and i am being completely serious.

he just walked in the door. i had warm pizza waiting for him. i was going to stay up a few more hours and work, but i think i am just going to go to bed with him, and just get up early in the am and get an early start.

he said he has to be back at work at 6, but he thinks they are getting off at noon tomorrow, thank god. he's had three late nights this week. dude needs a freakin' break.
No, the military lifestyle isn't for everyone. I just know that it's not forever and he's not gone for a very long time this time. It does suck because he was gone to a school for 3 weeks, home for 6 days and is gone again. It was a teaser lol

It's a bummer we have to be away from each other, but I am fortunate for the life it provides us
__________________
Julie , Found my happily ever after with the man of my dreams Proud momma and stepmom to Jacob (12), Clara (8), Kylie (8) and Madeline clomid miracle (4)
Our new squish, Emma! Born Sept. 23rd.

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieBeth View Post
No, the military lifestyle isn't for everyone. I just know that it's not forever and he's not gone for a very long time this time. It does suck because he was gone to a school for 3 weeks, home for 6 days and is gone again. It was a teaser lol

It's a bummer we have to be away from each other, but I am fortunate for the life it provides us
and see, i'm glad that my dh is even willing to work those long hours. there are many men out there that wouldn't be willing to sacrifice the way that some men do.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
JulieBeth's Avatar
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Sam Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,167
My Mood:
Re: i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
and see, i'm glad that my dh is even willing to work those long hours. there are many men out there that wouldn't be willing to sacrifice the way that some men do.
Yep, my husband works long hours too. I wouldn't be able to do it, I thank him all the time for allowing me to be a SAHM.
__________________
Julie , Found my happily ever after with the man of my dreams Proud momma and stepmom to Jacob (12), Clara (8), Kylie (8) and Madeline clomid miracle (4)
Our new squish, Emma! Born Sept. 23rd.

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: i really wouldn't mind seeing my husband... no, really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieBeth View Post
Yep, my husband works long hours too. I wouldn't be able to do it, I thank him all the time for allowing me to be a SAHM.
i can't lie. i WISH i could just be a sahm. i wish that we could afford for me to take off of work sometimes. unfortunately, i work 7 days a week. hours vary. i never get days off. get 3-4 breaks a year from kids. i'm tired. so tired, lol.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.