Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
flylady0505
Registered Users
seller

Opinions please cloth and crawling

Hi my son just turned 8 months this past Friday and is still not crawling all my family keeps telling me he's not because of the cloth diapers we use pocket diapers I love using them and don't want to stop but they are insisting I do and use regular throw away until he learns. Any truth to this or prove them wrong please did any one have this problem?

Thanks

Advertisement

flylady0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opinions please cloth and crawling

DD was in sposies and DS was in cloth AIOs. Both crawled at 10 months, tell them to shut their mouths
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Well I doubt cloth is the reason, though I only started CD when DD2 was 1. She was in sposies and never crawled! She did a weird butt scoot and then walked early...she figured out true crawling at 2, when she was fully in cloth!!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Remind them that disposables have only been around for less than half a century (or however long) and babies born before then crawled just fine.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
Remind them that disposables have only been around for less than half a century (or however long) and babies born before then crawled just fine.
Yea that, plus we've had 2 CD babies, one crawled at 10 1/2 mos and one crawled at 8ish mos and I don't think the diapers make a difference and we use pockets as well.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
MomBecks
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
Exactly!! And every baby is different and has a different learning curve. Don't let anyone try to put your lo in a box - it's just a set up for frustration! Anywhere between 6 months to a year is "normal" and some little ones never crawl, so I think you're just fine
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

My daughter just turned 7 months and has been nearly crawling the past few days. The doctor saw her (at a regular check up) and said she was advanced for her age. She's been in cloth since three months old. There is definitely no correlation between cloth diapers and delayed crawling! Also it's totally normal for an 8 month old to not be crawling yet, he'll crawl when he's ready :-) Don't worry mama.... and tell those people bugging you to buzz off.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
carolyndavis
Registered Users
seller

My DS crawled in cloth at 5 months. The diapers have nothing to do with any of it!
carolyndavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

neither of my girls oldest disposables (walk at 8 months) and younger girl in cloth at 6 months (walked at 7 months) were early walkers. NO crawling doesn't make cloth that is the culprit. Each kid crawls or walks at different ages. I have a neighbor with a little girl about 4 months or so younger and sje didn't walk til cloeser to a year and that was in disposables. I know others probably disposables that didn't c5rawl or walk til after a year because others did stuff for the kid...no need to learn to do stuff early....
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

My son never crawled and walked earlyish and my daughter is crawling everywhere at 7 mos . She sometimes has a super bulky bum, it doesn't slow her down any.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote