Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Earning/Saving Extra Money ~ Check In Here ~ Feb 1-14

I'm off to a pretty goo start and super excited about it! The nursery bedding I had on craigslist finally sold yesterday. I also have someone who has planned on coming today to pick up a rug I have listed. My goal for today is to get one item listed here, one on CL, and one on ebay. So as of now I have sold -

Glider $60
Nursery bedding $100
dvd's $20 (I don't have the payment yet for this but I am counting it now)

Advertisement

Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
LionMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffie
I'm off to a pretty goo start and super excited about it! The nursery bedding I had on craigslist finally sold yesterday. I also have someone who has planned on coming today to pick up a rug I have listed. My goal for today is to get one item listed here, one on CL, and one on ebay. So as of now I have sold -

Glider $60
Nursery bedding $100
Great way to start the month!

We've gotten a slow start. DH has a few things listed but I've been working on baby quilts and trying to wean ds from the paci so I've had no energy to list. My goal is I list at least 3 things on ebay today- my coach purse, a guess peacoat, and a batman figurine.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #13
new_mommy78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So far I am up to $70 this month...not too bad since it's only the 3rd! I still have a TON of stuff to list on ebay...hoping to get at least 5-10 more items listed this week.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #14
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

I think I've decided I'm listing the diapers I decided to sell on ebay. I have 29 bum genius medium all in ones in great shape other than the Velcro being pilly, and another 17 that the Velcro needs replacing. I think I will list those 17 together, but how should I list the other 29? As one lot, or should I break it up some? We had enough for two kids, so I don't know how many "normal" people will want, haha.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #15
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
Joined mint.com

Went grocery shopping and spent $50 less than I did last week. We are going to try to make meals with what I have around the house already.
FormallyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #16
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

WOOT! I sold an area rug on craigslist this morning for $100! I didn't get all my goals done yesterday which included listing one thing on ebay and one on craigslist but I did get one item listed for sale here. I'm not sure I have many other big items to sell but I can definitely do some closet cleaning and take some items to consignment.

ETA: yesterday I was at costco picking up pillows and a blanket for dd's new bed. I found two hanna anderson dresses there that I put in the cart and thought about getting. BUT at the register I put them back. dd has enough clothes for summer!

Selling totals -
Glider $60
Nursery bedding $100
rug $100
total so far = $280
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!

Last edited by wolffie; 02-07-2013 at 12:51 PM.
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #17
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

lenses - I would break those diaper lots down even more, perhaps 5-10 diapers in each. I think you'll get your best price that way and if you mention in your listing that you have more, you might get some bidding wars.

Nothing new to report, just watching bids go up, up, up on ebay! Yay for Franciscan pottery!

I pulled out a few other things I thought might be worth listing, but it's mostly 'meh' stuff. Sometimes it's hard to decide if it's worth taking the time to list something that might take awhile to sell.....
Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
LionMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensesforeyes
I think I've decided I'm listing the diapers I decided to sell on ebay. I have 29 bum genius medium all in ones in great shape other than the Velcro being pilly, and another 17 that the Velcro needs replacing. I think I will list those 17 together, but how should I list the other 29? As one lot, or should I break it up some? We had enough for two kids, so I don't know how many "normal" people will want, haha.
I agree with ^^^- break them down to smaller lots. I ended up selling off 35 BGEs on eBay and the lots of 4 or 5 diapers went way higher per diaper than the big lots. It's more of a pain to ship but its worth the extra cash. I just did 2-3 listings a week until they were all sold.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
LionMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffie
WOOT! I sold an area rug on craigslist this morning for $100! I didn't get all my goals done yesterday which included listing one thing on ebay and one on craigslist but I did get one item listed for sale here. I'm not sure I have many other big items to sell but I can definitely do some closet cleaning and take some items to consignment.
Yey! And yey to putting stuff back at Costco- it can be so tempting because of the great prices.

AFM
We sold a comic yesterday on ebay for $425. DH listed it last night and it sold within 2 hours which was completely unexpected since he didn't list it at an cheap price. So already almost halfway to goal! I'm listing some baby cloths ds grew out of tonight since DH is working late. Im hoping these sell as well but I'm not as familiar at how kids clothes do. If anything they will free up some space!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
LindsayVal*RN*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think I am crazy! I actually enjoy this whole selling thing. It may turn into a little side business for me. I get somewhat of a high thrift store shopping and turning around and doubling what I paid for it. I just can't get enough. I selling everything in our house lol.
LindsayVal*RN* is offline   Reply With Quote