Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
new_mommy78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Earning/Saving Extra Money ~ Check In Here ~ Feb 1-14

Watching my ebay auctions go up up up!!! Love it! I know ebay fees stink, but I LOVE the simplicity of just waiting for someone to buy my stuff and then being able to ship it to them...no more waiting on CL flakes!

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
junvwekt
Registered Users
seller

New to the thread, but I'm always open to new ideas and ways to save/make extra money.

This month, I'm hoping we can sell our extra vehicle. Also, I need to stay motivated to put in more hours working from home (That's the most important thing this month!!!).

Our side job (making balloon animals & face painting for kids' parties/events) is slow right now because it's winter, but I'm hoping to get at least one gig this month.
junvwekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #23
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our side job (making balloon animals & face painting for kids' parties/events) is slow right now because it's winter, but I'm hoping to get at least one gig this month.

Sounds like a super cool job!

I just had to post RIGHT NOW! One item I had listed on ebay just sold for $305!!!!! it was bid up to just $40 until the last 10 minutes. Amazing. Just amazing! I am feeling so incredibly blessed right now!

I also sold a bunch of plates that were all scratched up and really not that great for $20. Goes to show you can sell anything on ebay.

I have a $20 CL purchase pending and one auction on ebay bid up to $50 with a few minutes left. I'm so crazy excited right now!!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #24
new_mommy78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post

I just had to post RIGHT NOW! One item I had listed on ebay just sold for $305!!!!! it was bid up to just $40 until the last 10 minutes. Amazing. Just amazing! I am feeling so incredibly blessed right now!

I also sold a bunch of plates that were all scratched up and really not that great for $20. Goes to show you can sell anything on ebay.

I have a $20 CL purchase pending and one auction on ebay bid up to $50 with a few minutes left. I'm so crazy excited right now!!
AWESOME!!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 AM   #25
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, you guys are doing great on ebay!

For last month:
$329 between my pt job and random selling (mostly on local SNS)
Unfortunately we had a really rough month as far as unexpected expenses so it just all got sucked away...

This month so far:
$140 for wings
$5 for inserts
$5 for paint**
$30 for bedding set
$12 for flowers
$14 for flowers
$14 for flowers**

**pending
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #26
LionMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayVal*RN*
I think I am crazy! I actually enjoy this whole selling thing. It may turn into a little side business for me. I get somewhat of a high thrift store shopping and turning around and doubling what I paid for it. I just can't get enough. I selling everything in our house lol.
Lol I totally understand!!! Both the selling and the "thrift store high" lol
Old 02-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #27
LionMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty

That's so awesome about your big sale!! I know it's a real encouragement when we have sales like those!!

I'm headed to target in another town today to pick up some Charlie banana diapers that are marked 70% off. Going to try listing them and hoping to get at least $20 per sale. I might actually try Craigslist first for these since cloth diapers go fast on CL here.

We also sold another $125 comic so were up to $550 for the month. I also listed some baby clothes and its helping me get an idea of what is worth listing.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #28
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Been slow so far this month with how busy we have been. Sold a couple toys and a small child's desk. At $17 so far.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #29
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
Wow! You guys are AMAzing.
FormallyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #30
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I listed some DVD's fixed price on ebay yesterday and they sold right away this morning for $35. Awesome!!

I knew some postal services offerings were changing, but I was really surprised when I printed postage last night. $16 for a 4 pound package? Wow. I kinda wish I had been less lazy and checked UPS rates, but I just bit the bullet and spent the money. Yikes. I think I packed up my breakables well, but I'm so worried something will happen. There's no going back, though, they are in the mail. Does the PO actually pay attention to FRAGILE on the box? Guessing not.

I found some awesome lovies for dirt cheap on CL yesterday and am picking them up today. I'm spending $30 and figure I can more than double that when I resell.