Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #31
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

Re: Earning/Saving Extra Money ~ Check In Here ~ Feb 1-14

I took the past week off, I was so burnt out trying to balance eBay, Swagbucks, Zoombucks with full time college class load (and 2 kids and regular chores, etc).

But I'm back and focused after a week off.

Current goals:

Pay off personal loan early $40/135
Gift/Christmas Fund: $100/600
Children's Spring/Summer Clothing Fund: $60/60
New (used stove) $45/45

Advertisement

frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #32
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A few more things pending today:
$5 for tiara**
$5 for message board**
$20 for wings**
$10 for car seat pads**
Slow and steady, right? *sigh*
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #33
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Nothing has sold here recently. I'm getting discouraged. I have to list a large lot of boy clothes on craigslist tonight and I still have my broken handycam to put on ebay. I just need to get around to doing it. I did put together a large bag of clothes for thread up. I'm not expecting much but I hope I'm not too disappointed either since it's my first time selling to them. I have a bunch of precious moments figurines I was thinking of putting on ebay but I'm not sure what the value is in them anymore. It doesn't seem like there is much of a market for them.

Make $500

Selling totals -
Glider $60
Nursery bedding $100
dvd's $20 (I don't have the payment yet for this but I am counting it now)
rug $100
total so far = $280
remainder = $220
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!

Last edited by wolffie; 02-07-2013 at 12:52 PM.
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #34
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Sold a couple of diapers, which brings my total sold for the month to $50. Pretty discouraging when I have to spend $110 to get the rest of the diapers. Wish people weren't convinced used prefolds are worth almost the price of new before shipping. :/
Old 02-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #35
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've fallen off the wagon. I'm pregnant and sooo tired! I NEED to get back on the wagon though. I've had to put my photography on hold as I never know how I'm going to feel. Hopefully can pick back up in the 2nd trimester. Would be nice to make an extra $400 a Month. I'm running out of things to sell so I'm probably going to have to start actively looking for resells.

Quick question-when you sell on CL do you meet them at your home or a public place?
cassmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #36
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayVal*RN*
I think I am crazy! I actually enjoy this whole selling thing. It may turn into a little side business for me. I get somewhat of a high thrift store shopping and turning around and doubling what I paid for it. I just can't get enough. I selling everything in our house lol.
I've not had a lot of luck at the thrift stores I've tried-the prices are pretty high. Are there any big name ones you have better luck with or do you stay with small locally owned ones?
cassmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #37
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quick question-when you sell on CL do you meet them at your home or a public place?

I think everyone will have a different answer here, but I let the buyer pick the time to meet up and direct them either to my workplace or my home. DH is always home with me. MOST of the people I deal with are women. Call me naive, but I don't worry about women. If I deal with a man, I might go so far as to put the item in the garage and basically take care of the whole transaction outside. But usually not. You can call it trusting too much or you can call it being realistic about the odds of something going bad.

That said, almost all of the recent purchases I have made have been meetups in parking lots. That works for lots of people, but it's just another step out of the way and I prefer to make selling simple as possible for myself.

Last edited by badmisterkitty; 02-08-2013 at 12:03 PM.
badmisterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #38
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Picked up a few items from CL for resale. Not overly impressed with the condition, but I think I can double my money. Probably a $30 profit. I'm trying to remain positive that it's $30 I didn't have before......I'm going to list those today.

Photographed a few more of my fransciscan pieces. Need some boxes....

Have to take a break for a bit and work on our taxes. Yuck. The refund is going towards windows on the house and not towards my tuition goal.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #39
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Sold a bunch of diapers today! Somebody told me about the cloth diaper swap on Facebook, and I am loving it. I hate dealing with eBay, and am officially sick of selling on here, so this has been awesome. I'll post tonight with how much I made once I'm done selling for the day and have printed all my labels.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #40
LindsayVal*RN*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sold a pair of stride rites for $15 today and 3 pairs of dd jeans for $10. Spent $19.11 at city thrift. Their Facebook managers special was boys long sleeve and short sleeve shirts for 0.99. Got 9 Ralph Lauren shirts with 9.98 and up marked on them for 0.99 each which I should be able to make a good profit on. Got a a few other things to sale also. But hit the jackpot on the Ralph Lauren!
LindsayVal*RN* is offline   Reply With Quote