Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #31
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano
So I just wanted to check in and let you all know our precious little girl made her appearance this morning at home in the water into her papa's (DH) arms. We are in love
Yay!

I am another non-valentines baby wisher. I just don't like it.

Had a dr appt today. GBS neg! Baby measured small so we had to do another ultrasound to check for growth. Ok.... Her head and belly measured small but her femur was longer so the average was an estimated weight in the 47th percentile. About 6.5 lbs. fluid and movements looked great and everything is just fine. Then we did a hospital tour which was pretty useless because I knew more about the hospital than the lady giving the tour. Andrew and I got to go to eat together and spent about 6 hours without a baby around. So it was nice.

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #32
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feb chat for Feb Mamas!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
Yay!

I am another non-valentines baby wisher. I just don't like it.

Had a dr appt today. GBS neg! Baby measured small so we had to do another ultrasound to check for growth. Ok.... Her head and belly measured small but her femur was longer so the average was an estimated weight in the 47th percentile. About 6.5 lbs. fluid and movements looked great and everything is just fine. Then we did a hospital tour which was pretty useless because I knew more about the hospital than the lady giving the tour. Andrew and I got to go to eat together and spent about 6 hours without a baby around. So it was nice.
Glad your appointment went well. I am so jealous that you had a quiet dinner with your DH. My last appointment is tomorrow(I am not due until the 16th) because I am being induced if I have not had our LO by Saturday. We are nearly positive that he is already over 10lbs and I have precipitus delivery so after weighing all of our options we have decided to go ahead with AROM on Saturday. I have delivered an 11lb baby before but we are concerned he is bigger after ultrasound, the midwife exam, and my poor vagina and tail bone. I can't imagine having a complication and being stuck at home with no adult help or in the car. I wish I felt a bit better about it but it is what it is. I had really hoped to go in to labor on my own so that I can use the labor tub. The hospital will not allow it if I am being "induced". I am already 5cm and 80% so it won't be a long labor Thanks for reading I am having a bit of an emotional pity party today I think.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #33
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Oy! Big babies. Looks like an induction will go well for you though since you are already so progressed. A little more time left for baby to come on its own.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #34
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
Glad your appointment went well. I am so jealous that you had a quiet dinner with your DH. My last appointment is tomorrow(I am not due until the 16th) because I am being induced if I have not had our LO by Saturday. We are nearly positive that he is already over 10lbs and I have precipitus delivery so after weighing all of our options we have decided to go ahead with AROM on Saturday. I have delivered an 11lb baby before but we are concerned he is bigger after ultrasound, the midwife exam, and my poor vagina and tail bone. I can't imagine having a complication and being stuck at home with no adult help or in the car. I wish I felt a bit better about it but it is what it is. I had really hoped to go in to labor on my own so that I can use the labor tub. The hospital will not allow it if I am being "induced". I am already 5cm and 80% so it won't be a long labor Thanks for reading I am having a bit of an emotional pity party today I think.
That's a bummer they won't let you use the tub since it's just AROM and not pit or cervadil I wish you a quick labor mama My last I was 5 cms before labor started and it was a quick, especially after my water was broken

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #35
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melony! I'm sure we'll have a happy baby and mama in the end, no matter how you have to get there.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #36
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

It looks like I'm going to see my due date (I calculated it as the 5th, dr says the 6th) come and go with no baby

I have an appt scheduled for tomorrow and my mom and dh don't seem to believe that I won't ask to be induced at it. Probably because I have for my last two pregnancies. I've been telling myself for months that I should give my body one more week to see if it will go into labor on it's own. If it doesn't I'll be pretty bummed to be induced anyway.

I guess I am just not sure when is a good time for this baby to be born. Part of me would really like to go into labor on my own, just to see how/ when my body reacts to going into labor. The other part of me remembers my last two peaceful, stress- free, fairly short inductions and thinks that isn't a bad route either considering I'm gbs positive and it would take dh about an hour to get home from work.

Another complicating factor is I have two other birthday's to work around. DD1 was born on Feb 9th, and DD3 was born on the 13th. I figure that if I go into labor naturally then they were meant to share birthdays, but if I ask to be induced at my appt tomorrow (the 7th) there is a good chance I could be induced on the 9th even though it is a saturday. With dd3 I was induced on a sunday because the hospital is so busy.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #37
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

My sister is struggling with the same exact situations. She has had two inductions and one augmented labor and really wants to go into labor on her own but gets anxious. Plus she has a feb 9th baby too.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #38
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

So much early induction before 42 weeks, Mamas...makes me sad.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #39
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Oy!!!such a long day. Went to a few stores to pick up some things and groceries. Then cleaned out the truck. It was so horrible. Took me about 2.5 hours to finish it all. Then went to go get a couple more things... The truck battery died!! Noooooooo!

Anyways, now that that's all fixed, I am so sore. I need to see but I just hurt instead. I am ready for bed.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #40
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
Oy!!!such a long day. Went to a few stores to pick up some things and groceries. Then cleaned out the truck. It was so horrible. Took me about 2.5 hours to finish it all. Then went to go get a couple more things... The truck battery died!! Noooooooo!

Anyways, now that that's all fixed, I am so sore. I need to see but I just hurt instead. I am ready for bed.

I managed to get the fridge 90% cleaned out last night. Today, I REALLY need to clean my parrot's cage...not as easy as it might sound. I could put my kids in this thing...it's like 30 x 30 x 50, plus a play top...