Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Re: Homeschool Check In Feb. 1st--10th

Welcome mommas! Jump right on in!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #12
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, tiring weekend.

Nikolas read us his HOP story for bedtime tonight. It was awesome. I'm such a proud mama.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #13
Texasmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

awe I love hearing my son reading he is a beginner reader and doing so well.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #14
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to all the new HS'ing Moms!!

I'm looking forward to this week. We are on a good roll right now and I'm ready to keep it moving. Nothing special planned except maybe to catch up on science.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

We are in a rut right now, trying to get ready to move but have no where to go so th ipad is my friend. They each do their math (splash math-correlates to the chapters in the book) on the ipad. If they are having trouble then we pull oit the books and work together a bit. Daddy is doing science with them, they are learning about the stars. Granny got us a telescope for christmas, but I am generally putting the baby to bed when they go out. We ar eslowly workin gon a model of the sola rsystem
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #16
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

We are in a rut right now, trying to get ready to move but have no where to go so th ipad is my friend. They each do their math (splash math-correlates to the chapters in the book) on the ipad. If they are having trouble then we pull oit the books and work together a bit. Daddy is doing science with them, they are learning about the stars. Granny got us a telescope for christmas, but I am generally putting the baby to bed when they go out. We ar eslowly working on a model of the solar system which will be the first thing hung up in the school area at the new house. We are probably going to do the planetarium towards the end of the month. We are akso studying birthday traditions from Mexico, since we settled on a Fiesta theme for Rayne' s first birthday party. We are making papel picado, pinatas, and table runners, and have looked up recipes for traditional desserts to follow up the taco bar and quesadillas. So random, but still lots of learning going on here
Old 02-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #17
Texasmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I watched the Super Bowl with my family and I can not seem to get motivated today.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #18
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are taking the day off today since I worked Saturday. I work every other Saturday and since nothing gets done all day, I need an extra day to catch up on work around the house. Don't get me wrong, the kids help with housework but it has to be directed by me or the things that NEED to get done, won't. I reserve Sundays for our lazy day each weekend so nothing was accomplished yesterday either.

I also have to catch up on my (textbook) reading and am going to spend some time decluttering today. I am so thankful that my motivation has returned. I felt like a lazy bum last week.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #19
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just bought the oak meadow curriculum an this is my first fu day using it. It's going to take some adjusting. I started homeschooling in sept of last year and I'm still trying to deprogram my daughter and myself of what I "thought" school was supposed to be like :/
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #20
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It has been a LONG time since I have been in this thread. We took a break around Christmas and it took us until last week to get back on a roll again.

We NEED a separate spot to do schooling. I can't wait for the tax money because we are setting up a school room in the basement. My son needs that spot that is JUST for school because there is so much stuff everywhere else and he can't focus.

I have been looking at what we will use next year. I know it will my My Father's World 1st, but I am thinking of starting Singapore Math instead of what comes with the 1st grade and then doing cursive with him. I am still up in the air on starting All About Spelling next year too.

I did find a local group that has an oversight program and a coop. They meet at the church that we joined in November and there are several homeschooling families in the church. We will be joining the group this spring for next year and will also join the oversight part so that I don't have to report to the school district(state laws). I hope they have a good class I can get DS into so he can do something outside of the house. He needs that outside activity. Sunday school has been a blessing for him, but he wants/needs more.