Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #81
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
I ordered a planner from amazon last night and spent a few hours collecting ideas for next months theme "farm."

We are going to incubate some chicken eggs and visit my DHs cousins farm (they just had baby lambs born).

This week we are doing some valentines day crafts and cooking.

Advertisement

FormallyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #82
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpendergraff
I ordered a planner from amazon last night and spent a few hours collecting ideas for next months theme "farm."

We are going to incubate some chicken eggs and visit my DHs cousins farm (they just had baby lambs born).

Care to share a link for the one you chose? I need one but can't decide on one!
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #83
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art mama

Care to share a link for the one you chose? I need one but can't decide on one!
It's a lily Pulitzer large agenda. I've never used one before so ill let you know in 5-8 days (when it arrives) how I like it.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #84
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homeschool Check In Feb. 1st--10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpendergraff View Post

baby lambs & eggs! fun!! we never did the incubating, but we have chickens so we have hand raised about 50 chix, and the kids just love it! I want to do the eggs w/them one day because I know they will think it is too cool.
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #85
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270

baby lambs & eggs! fun!! we never did the incubating, but we have chickens so we have hand raised about 50 chix, and the kids just love it! I want to do the eggs w/them one day because I know they will think it is too cool.
We have chickens too but no rooster
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #86
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R055ANA View Post
Heather, thank you for sharing your story w/ us. I am SO delighted to hear about your DS interest in reading and how he is choosing reading over watching TV, wow, wow! Good for you on realizing what books would spark his interest. Your story is probably inspiring a few of us who have children who are struggling to pick up reading, it is encouraging to us.

Kristin, I am sorry to hear your DH isn't thinking HS is working out. Hopefully your DD will qualify for the gifted program. If that doesn't work what about enrolling your kids in some of the after school programs? I can't remember the laws in MO but here in PA the PS has to allow homeschooled children to participate in extra curriculars. I hope you are able to work out something w/ your DH.
It's actually funny the number of extra curriculars my kids are in. I don't know about the public school, but our local parochial schools allow hs kids to participate, so that's what we do. DD1 plays school volleyball and archery, DD2 isn't quite old enough this year, but next year she will play volleyball, basketball, archery and run track (she's my sports enthusiast). DD1 also plays club (competitive) volleyball. DD2 and DS play soccer and basketball with the local YMCA. Both girls are in Girl Scouts and 4-H and DD2 participates in a Robotics competition team that is a special branch of Girl Scouts. I'm really concerned that they aren't out enough.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #87
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse

It's actually funny the number of extra curriculars my kids are in. I don't know about the public school, but our local parochial schools allow hs kids to participate, so that's what we do. DD1 plays school volleyball and archery, DD2 isn't quite old enough this year, but next year she will play volleyball, basketball, archery and run track (she's my sports enthusiast). DD1 also plays club (competitive) volleyball. DD2 and DS play soccer and basketball with the local YMCA. Both girls are in Girl Scouts and 4-H and DD2 participates in a Robotics competition team that is a special branch of Girl Scouts. I'm really concerned that they aren't out enough.
This is what I keep trying to explain to others!
My DD will be k age this year and I'm wanting to HS her. My mom is concerned that she will be lonely....um, swim lessons, horseback riding lessons, weekly exercise class at the YMCA, YMCA soccer in spring and fall, and she will be old enough for FFA NOT TO MENTION time with friends, library, and family (lots of cousins). All of these are things she wants to do and I don't remember being so active when I was 5 in public school.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #88
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpendergraff

It's a lily Pulitzer large agenda. I've never used one before so ill let you know in 5-8 days (when it arrives) how I like it.
Sounds great. Thanks!
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #89
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
We have chickens too but no rooster
no roosters here either....sigh....we are just a smidge under the acreage requirements in our county. so in order for code enforcement to leave us alone and for our one PITB neighbor to leave us alone, it's no roosters for us .... sigh. however, we did get an accidental rooster in our last back of chicks. i went out on the back deck one morning check on the chickens, and i heard crowing. I thought to myself....wow....who got a rooster around here??? Then it slowly dawned on me....oh crap...I GOT A ROOSTER!! I hadn't even noticed how much prettier this bird was than the others uggh! anyway, he had a short life. we asked our farmer friends if they wanted, but they said all they wanted him for was for dinner so we decided to just butcher him for ourselves. so our kids got a lesson on Chicken Butchering it was an adventurous day !
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #90
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
This is what I keep trying to explain to others!
My DD will be k age this year and I'm wanting to HS her. My mom is concerned that she will be lonely....um, swim lessons, horseback riding lessons, weekly exercise class at the YMCA, YMCA soccer in spring and fall, and she will be old enough for FFA NOT TO MENTION time with friends, library, and family (lots of cousins). All of these are things she wants to do and I don't remember being so active when I was 5 in public school.
LOL one of the things people always say to me when they find out I HS is...don't you worry about socialization? I try not to laugh on the ground laughing The reality is that most HS kids I know do MORE extracurricular activities than their same age peers. PLUS, research shows that HS kids are actually BETTER socialized than non-HS kids. This is because HS kids have to socialize with a variety of people in a variety of age levels. Public/Private school kids only socialize w/same age peers. They have no clue how to relate to others that are not in their same age bracket. But HS kids learn from early on how to socialize with EVERYONE. Plus, the uneducated masses that ask that question must obviously think my children are locked in a cage in the basement Because their dad & I socialize with them ALL THE TIME. LOLOL!! So yeah, I'm not even worried about socialization.