Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your family cloth situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLeeCW View Post
How many do you recommend having for family cloth? 2 adults and 2 children? How often have you found you need to replace the wipes (i.e. buy news ones)? Every 6 months, once a year, longer?
we have 18-24 per person, family of 6. i wash every 3 days but we also use them for noses and the kids wet them to wipe their hands and such. i have some that are 6 years old, some that are 6 months. they dont wear out as much as we loose them

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #12
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
we have 18-24 per person, family of 6. i wash every 3 days but we also use them for noses and the kids wet them to wipe their hands and such. i have some that are 6 years old, some that are 6 months. they dont wear out as much as we loose them
Thanks for the answer!
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
March
Registered Users
seller

We have the now-discontinued Organic Reusable Cotton Family Wipes by Better for Grownups/Little Beetle. They came with reloadable boxes. I have small trash cans next to the toilets lined with GroBaby drawstring wet bags. I have two backup wet bags so that the bags get washed with the wipes; I wash with towels. Now that I can't get more LB wipes and every kid in the house is potty-trained, I have to supplement with our FuzziBunz Wonder Wipes, which I also shove into the LB boxes.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think we have 5 or 6 dozen for 2 adults and 3 kids. I've had the same ones for about 2 years. I don't see them needing to be replaced anytime soon. They get washed every few days with the diapers.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #15
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

I'd never heard of family cloth before I found this site after I started cloth diapering. Probably a stupid question...but if you use a cloth wipe for a #2, do you rinse it after? When I wipe DS after a poop, I rinse the wipes along with the diaper before they go in the pail. I figure it cuts down on odor/stains and less mess goes into the washing machine. Seems like that would be difficult with family cloth. Sorry for the thread derail!
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFluff View Post
I'd never heard of family cloth before I found this site after I started cloth diapering. Probably a stupid question...but if you use a cloth wipe for a #2, do you rinse it after? When I wipe DS after a poop, I rinse the wipes along with the diaper before they go in the pail. I figure it cuts down on odor/stains and less mess goes into the washing machine. Seems like that would be difficult with family cloth. Sorry for the thread derail!
no bc the amount of poo on the wipe is tiny. nothing like wiping a bum that was sitting in a diaper full of poo
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 02-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #17
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Just dabbling in family cloth, here. But I wanted to say definitely have some sort of pail. Even a small one under the sink. We're using a hanging wetbag, and it is NO GOOD trying to use that thing after a poo... Maybe TMI, but we are getting a small pail for that very reason. I'm thinking one of the small, step trash cans with a lid.

And OBV wipes sound so yummy :-)
Old 02-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
SDJeannieZ3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not crafty... or I try to be but I don't have time or patience. Where can I buy some more FC now that we have more people that can use it in our house. I'm loving the sound of OBV... Where. Can I get those?
SDJeannieZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJeannieZ3
I'm not crafty... or I try to be but I don't have time or patience. Where can I buy some more FC now that we have more people that can use it in our house. I'm loving the sound of OBV... Where. Can I get those?
I sell obv family cloth www.Hyenacart.com/mothergoosedesigns
Old 02-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

We keep a stack on the back of the toilet, and a bathroom trash can dedicated to used wipes. I actually don't use them wet, but DH does and just wets at the sink when he needs it. Everything gets dumped in with diaper laundry or towels if we're running low.

At first DH said no way to family cloth, the he tried it once when we ran out of tp in the bathroom. He now says, even if he was a millionaire he wouldn't switch back.

We use 2 layers of flannel, and we have about 125 for a family of 4, but we use them for EVERYTHING. hands, single use hand towels, we leave some in the car etc.

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 02-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote