Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diapers- "Must-Haves" and "Stay-Away"

I HATE one sized diapers... All of them. They only fit just right for a short period. The rest of the time they have too much bulk or snaps digging in the inside of my precious baby's legs. I also do not like most pockets, fuzzi bunz are at the top.

We liked HH til they could un-Velcro them.

I also do not like any microfiber inserts. It gets rough after its used for a while. No matter what I do it gets stinky. And it's not nearly as absorbent as hemp.

I love AIO's which snap in soakers. Easy and dry faster than built in ones. My favs are Bijou baby gear I love fleece pockets stuffed with hemp for nights. Not bulky and still breathable. My favs are jangos.

I like thirsties covers, lovey bums wool wraps and pretty much most interlock soakers with narrower leg openings.

Advertisement

jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't believe all the Fuzzi Bunz hate. They are my favorite diapers. I have tried fitted and it feels like I am putting on 2 diapers, but I am going to get some more prefolds and covers for the small size. I HATE OS diapers all of them~they never fit right.

I stuff my FB with hemp and prefolds. I have MF but don't love it.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicanashville View Post
I HATE one sized diapers... All of them. They only fit just right for a short period. The rest of the time they have too much bulk or snaps digging in the inside of my precious baby's legs.
Thats another thing I stay away from - one sized diapers or covers. The only exception in my case is thirsties and flats. I do have thirsties wraps which have rise snaps and flats (but that is different to me). I hated every sized pocket I tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
I can't believe all the Fuzzi Bunz hate. They are my favorite diapers. I have tried fitted and it feels like I am putting on 2 diapers, but I am going to get some more prefolds and covers for the small size. I HATE OS diapers all of them~they never fit right.

I stuff my FB with hemp and prefolds. I have MF but don't love it.
I dont hate fuzzibunz, just dislike pockets in general. I was in love with them until half my stash delaminated (two years ago). They were replaced for free but I never got over the feeling that the whole system was more fragile than flats/prefolds and a few covers.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #14
e.e.peltz
Registered Users
seller

I'm really loving my osocozy better fit prefolds and thirsties covers - easy to clean, easy to use.
e.e.peltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

well, I love my pockets and my microfiber

so, just goes to show you why you never tell a new cd'er to buy all of 1 certain thing.. we're all different

a friend emailed me the other day asking what I used and I was like 'well.....' because it's just not so simple as 'these are the best'.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
so, just goes to show you why you never tell a new cd'er to buy all of 1 certain thing.. we're all different
That's exactly why I was taking the "let's try a couple of everything" route, although I'm sticking with prefolds and covers in the beginning.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #17
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't posted much in this community ... Hope you don't mind me jumping in! For me, the key to keeping my momentum with cloth is to have a very simple stash. I have done a lot of different kinds over the years. A few things I've realized:

1. I don't really care for OS things until toddler. Otherwise they are ginormous in the wee ones.

2. The most important thing for me: Having only 1 or 2 kinds/brand of diapers in rotation makes laundry a ton easier. Right now we have Blueberry Basix and Grovia A12s. That's it. For the new baby, we'll have XS FBs and BGs at first. Having a bunch of different brands and only this insert goes with that diaper and this diaper fits like this but the other one doesn't... That complicates things. We do keep prefolds and covers for just in case. I've got too many other things going on to complicate it with an eclectic stash.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
kcannon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never CD'd a newborn, so we decided to try out a few different things. We have BG AIOs, Grovia AIOs, and Thirsties covers with prefolds. I loved BG Elementals when DD was in diapers, so I'm partial to AIOs. I've never been a fan of fitteds. I think they're too bulky. I've never tried wool, but I think it would be too much of a hassle for me. Also, we never liked FBs.

Last edited by kcannon; 02-02-2013 at 07:39 PM.
kcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #19
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the fit of xs and sm FB... but I'm really disappointed that I've got some (I think 5, one xs, the rest smalls) that have crapped-out elastic since being put away after using with Levi.
I really really love nb mutt aios - those were our favs, we always grabbed for them first when they were clean! We only had 2 with Levi, but I bought 4 more when pregnant with Elliana - those are ready and waiting for Hiccup now!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
estrellajane
Registered Users
seller

I've only been CD'ing for a little over a year, but I am sure that i do not like FuzziBunz one size. I'm thinking of going with prefolds, fitteds, and covers this time around.
estrellajane is offline   Reply With Quote