Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #91
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lil Shamrocks - February chat (1 more month!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
I can't believe you might be having a baby this week (if this LO follows suit)! Hope you can get the tax fraud issue cleared up easily and quickly.

AFM: 35-36 week appt today. Only fingertip dilated (not surprised. i have never gone past that on my own, even by 42weeks). Might be looking at delivering in 24 days! Doc would prefer to do the rcs at 39 weeks. I've never had a baby that early, so I will really have to pray about it. He is still fine with waiting for the 25th, which is 40w3d. (He's on vacation in between the 15th and 25th). He just prefers to do rcs at 39. I am ready, but I just wish I could be certain what difference that 10 days would make for Thomason, and for breastfeeding. I am not finding a lot of research for differences in outcomes for elective c/s at 39 vs 40 or 41 weeks. I'm not expecting major risks, but just looking to see about correlation with lung problems, asthma, breastfeeding success, etc. If the odds are the same, I'm game for the ides of march...
i think i've missed something. what's rcs?

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #92
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Sorry, rcs=repeat cesarean section.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #93
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I can't believe you might be having a baby this week (if this LO follows suit)! Hope you can get the tax fraud issue cleared up easily and quickly.

AFM: 35-36 week appt today. Only fingertip dilated (not surprised. i have never gone past that on my own, even by 42weeks). Might be looking at delivering in 24 days! Doc would prefer to do the rcs at 39 weeks. I've never had a baby that early, so I will really have to pray about it. He is still fine with waiting for the 25th, which is 40w3d. (He's on vacation in between the 15th and 25th). He just prefers to do rcs at 39. I am ready, but I just wish I could be certain what difference that 10 days would make for Thomason, and for breastfeeding. I am not finding a lot of research for differences in outcomes for elective c/s at 39 vs 40 or 41 weeks. I'm not expecting major risks, but just looking to see about correlation with lung problems, asthma, breastfeeding success, etc. If the odds are the same, I'm game for the ides of march...
That's a hard choice. I know a lot of providers want to do rcs at 39 weeks. That way the body doesnt go in to labor because the section is actually harder on the body in your in labor vs not. Both of my babies have been born before 38 weeks and the both are perfect (no issues at all). This late in the pregnancy 10days isn't a huge deal. Now 26 weeks vs 27 weeks huge difference. Keep em in but 39 week vs 40.... I don't think theres a huge difference. Either way good luck with your decision!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 02-19-2013 at 06:54 PM.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #94
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Sorry, rcs=repeat cesarean section.
oh gotcha!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #95
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow! It's so exciting we all will be having babies soon. I'll be praying for you in your rcs decision

As for me, had my 38 week appt today. I'm 2 centimeters dilated and 60% thinned. Midwife said ill have this little lady sometime between tonight and 2 weeks lol! When i asked how things were, my midwife actually thanked me for always having such a "normal, easy pregnancy" (easy for her to say haha! i guess she had had a hard day lol).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #96
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j
Wow! It's so exciting we all will be having babies soon. I'll be praying for you in your rcs decision

As for me, had my 38 week appt today. I'm 2 centimeters dilated and 60% thinned. Midwife said ill have this little lady sometime between tonight and 2 weeks lol! When i asked how things were, my midwife actually thanked me for always having such a "normal, easy pregnancy" (easy for her to say haha! i guess she had had a hard day lol).

How exciting!! It is crazy we are getting so close!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #97
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post

Yay for good appts!

AFM I've been spotting on and off all day today. I think my cervix is up to something.....

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #98
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

Yay for good appts!

AFM I've been spotting on and off all day today. I think my cervix is up to something.....

I'm super excited for you ladies! Seriously, it is making me smile hearing how you guys are gearing up for labor!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #99
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Had my 37 (well 36.5) OB appt yesterday. My doctor just laughed because i'm so huge and I have a bicornuate uterus which never causes any problems, but really it shouldn't be letting me get this big! I was dilated to 1-1.5, which doesn't really mean anything, but my doc is going out of town the day after my due date and she said she's totally comfortable inducing me before she leaves if I want. Yes please! I've never gone into labor on my own anyway, this way I just won't have to wait 2 extra weeks before she'll induce (and that's why she said she's fine with it). I can't even begin to explain how happy I am knowing that three weeks is longest I have to wait to meet this girl! I'm kind of hoping things will happen on their own before, but my hopes aren't up too high!
In other news, we are completely unready for this baby! My husband spends every spare second at our new house trying to get it move-in ready, but I kind of think the baby will beat us...she has diapers and blankets at this house, so really, that's good enough, right?!

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #100
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcokasil View Post
Had my 37 (well 36.5) OB appt yesterday. My doctor just laughed because i'm so huge and I have a bicornuate uterus which never causes any problems, but really it shouldn't be letting me get this big! I was dilated to 1-1.5, which doesn't really mean anything, but my doc is going out of town the day after my due date and she said she's totally comfortable inducing me before she leaves if I want. Yes please! I've never gone into labor on my own anyway, this way I just won't have to wait 2 extra weeks before she'll induce (and that's why she said she's fine with it). I can't even begin to explain how happy I am knowing that three weeks is longest I have to wait to meet this girl! I'm kind of hoping things will happen on their own before, but my hopes aren't up too high!
In other news, we are completely unready for this baby! My husband spends every spare second at our new house trying to get it move-in ready, but I kind of think the baby will beat us...she has diapers and blankets at this house, so really, that's good enough, right?!

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!
i know exactly how you feel!! i want to go into labor on my own so badly but it's hard to put that much faith into my body. that is why i was induced with lucian. it wasn't because of the GD but because i was 3 days away from my due date and nothing was going on at all. i was so uncomfortable and so over being pregnant.