Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #31
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - February chat (1 more month!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
Not all blue cross are created equal. I'm in NY and can't get a purchase of a pump covered. Only a rental.
Humm...even with the ACA? Mine used to be like that but as of 1/1/13 they had to cover the cost of the pump. There is a loop hole too that if you have a hospital birth you can have them bill the cost of the pump to your insurance as part of your birth costs.

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #32
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Kinda bummed. Had my (not quite) 34 week appt today. The nurse brought up scheduling the rcs next time. She and the doc looked over the calendar and suggested the 15th (39 weeks) or the 25th, when he gets back from vacation. I was a little sadder than I thought I would be. It isn't scheduled yet, but he's fine with waiting until after vacation if I'm comfortable with the fact he will be gone the week I'm "due". I don't like his main back up doc AT ALL, but odds are likely low that I would go into labor right around 40 weeks. Just stilled bummed about the c/s. at least I can give my MIL a date soon so she can take off work with the boys.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #33
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Less than 4 weeks for me, and Im not quite ready lol! Ive pretty much got everything together at home, but I havent even submitted my FMLA paperwork at work yet lol! My midwives were supposed to have their portion completed last appt (2 weeks ago), but the person who completes it was out of town and the other midwives didnt know where her completed paperwork was so....I have had to wait another 2 weeks (appt tomorrow) to pick it up. I plan to submit the paperwork Friday, but after then, I should be ready for the most part....but I still have to boil bottles/breast pump and install the carseat lol!

Did I mention we havent even settled on a name yet

Last edited by amb2j; 02-05-2013 at 01:39 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #34
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 36 weekd and 4days. Started my raspberry leaf tea yesturday and the midwife is going to start me on another uterine tonic tinxture to help prepare and hopefully start things a little closer to due date.

I'm all about baby picking her birthday this time but hoping the tonics help with labour and make everything go smoothly.

I washed all my noob diapers yesturday, the grandparents are taking the kids this weekend so we can clean the carpets and I can relax and finish the rest of my house organization a bit BUT for the most part beisde getting clean sheets on the babies bed, washing the rest of her new items and setting out the swing, playpen and bouncer set we are ready to rock.

I am really looking forward to her birth-does it make sense this time is going by slowly and quickly at the same time???

Trying to enjoy the last few weeks with my last baby inside-it's hard when you cant get comfortable but trying to focus on the positives. DH LOVES my preggo waddle and I'm in the home stretch now-the excitment is building that's for sure!!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #35
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby View Post
I am 36 weekd and 4days. Started my raspberry leaf tea yesturday and the midwife is going to start me on another uterine tonic tinxture to help prepare and hopefully start things a little closer to due date.

I'm all about baby picking her birthday this time but hoping the tonics help with labour and make everything go smoothly.
i drank a TON of rrl tea before my son was born and i truly believe it did help. he was my first and i only pushed for 30 mins with him and didn't tear at all!! i really do believe it was because of the tea. i'll be doing the same thing again starting at 36 weeks. oh AND my labor was only 6-7 hrs.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #36
samham
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids View Post

i drank a TON of rrl tea before my son was born and i truly believe it did help. he was my first and i only pushed for 30 mins with him and didn't tear at all!! i really do believe it was because of the tea. i'll be doing the same thing again starting at 36 weeks. oh AND my labor was only 6-7 hrs.
How much tea did you drink?
DH leaves in 12 days, a baby in 11 would be amazing. I'm taking 1000mg of evening primrose oil orally twice a day but not sure if that is enough or when to start vaginally. I'm thinking 37 weeks, so in 1 week from now.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #37
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

hmm i drank about 1 or 2 pitchers a day. idk how many liters/gallons the pitcher was. i drank it cold. i thought it induced labor. boy was i seriously mistaken, lol. i'm pretty sure i started drinking it around 35-37 weeks and i'd start the vaginal epo at 36 or 37 weeks. it ripens and softens the cervix. i'm not sure if it induces labor though.

also, i know i didn't tear because my nurse wasn't pushy about me pushing. she totally let me decide when to push. i had an epidural that worked the right way. i didn't feel the pain but felt the pressure to push. she also didn't do that counting to 10 bull****. it was completely my show and i know that's why it only took 30 mins and no tears. i got one stitch and my doc straight up told me he was only doing it to cover himself, lol.

Last edited by sterlids; 02-05-2013 at 09:22 PM.
sterlids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #38
samham
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I'm not sure I could drink that much tea, I am not a tea person at all. I started EPO orally on Monday. May start 3 cups tea a day soon and vaginally EPO.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #39
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Washed all of baby's newbie diapers, clothes and blankets! Still need to wash all her wool and boil my breast pump parts. Almost ready!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #40
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
I started 2000mg of oral EPO a few days ago, too. I dislike all tea, so I'm not sure I could choke down RRL. Yuck.

Last edited by TS8213; 02-06-2013 at 12:21 PM.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote